What racing/driving games?

Soldato
The graphics in PC2 are great. The driving is great too for most of the combos.

If you ever plan on trying VR, PC2 has the best interface by far.

Soldato
@willhub

First, download Content Manager once you've installed AC.
The free version should be fine, but do consider donating literally a couple of quid to unlock the full version :)
I think it comes with the shaders patch, but if it doesn't, you'll find a link to it in the SOL instructions.

Update the shaders patch like so:
zfggzg.jpg

Next, download SOL and follow the instructions. You'll need to create an account with RaceDepartment.

Lighting configs for tracks/cars are often updated. Every now and then (especially after you've installed new stuff), do this for each one of the categories at the top left to manually update them (click and 'install new entries'):
CM-1.jpg

You can find new car/track/app content in a number of places. Here are two: RaceDepartment and Assetto Corsa Club
Generally, you should be able to simply drag and drop a zip file into Content Manager and install it.

Setting up your wheel/pedals is basically the same as any other racing game.
You might want to ask here or do a search for good G920 settings.
strhhs.jpg

Graphics

You should be able to max it out at 1440p no problem with your PC :)
Disable FXAA.
I'd recommend using one of the SOL post processing filters, which you can change in-game to compare with each other. Weather/time of day can also be changed on the fly using the SOL weather app.
You may or may not get away with setting reflection rendering frequency too high. Maybe stick to 2-4 faces per frame. YMMV.

Game

Set your preferred assists by clicking the three little dots in the pic below.
ydjdyjj.jpg

Once you've picked your car/track, pressed the GO button and loaded into the game, you'll see a menu that allows you to do stuff like tweak your car setup/change your tyre compound etc. Have a look around.
When you're done, press the big steering wheel icon and you're ready to drive.
There is a pop up side menu if you move the mouse all the way to the right of the screen where you'll find your onscreen apps etc. These can be moved around and most can be resized.
A useful one is called 'onboard settings'. Use this to adjust your seating position and it'll save on a per car basis.

I've probably forgotten something, but that should be enough to get you started lol.

Last edited:
Associate
All I play now is Assetto Corsa with mods, nothing comes close to it for me, espeically with the mods X4fab is bringing to the table, there really is a bit of something for everyones in it.

Newest stuff:

Caporegime
Assetto Corsa is cheap brill game. dlc are cheap as well as mods with probably best tarmac handling about.

Assetto Corsa Competionzione pretty decent GT series game needs more work but good. i prefer the original handling over ACC.

Dirt rally 1 is like 0.75p. which is a joke. amazing.
Dirt Rally 2.0 is cheap at moment. really good im maybe biased as i helped with handling. :p

if you like rally though nothing is as good. as the dirt titles with a wheel.

thing with car games its personal pref like many things. some will say this that is better. most of the titles suggested are pretty decent.

Associate
Assetto Corsa is cheap brill game. dlc are cheap as well as mods with probably best tarmac handling about.

Assetto Corsa Competionzione pretty decent GT series game needs more work but good. i prefer the original handling over ACC.

Dirt rally 1 is like 0.75p. which is a joke. amazing.
Dirt Rally 2.0 is cheap at moment. really good im maybe biased as i helped with handling. :p

if you like rally though nothing is as good. as the dirt titles with a wheel.

thing with car games its personal pref like many things. some will say this that is better. most of the titles suggested are pretty decent.
What's going to happen dirt rally now that codies have the official wrc game?

Soldato
Another vote for AC due to the sheer amount of content available.
I also find it looks better in VR than PCars2 (clearer)

PC2 has a sharpening tool in the form of a txt file edit that works very well. I haven't played AC in a long time, but I may just reinstall it to compare again. (I don't remember a difference in clarity when both PC2 and AC were "stock".

Soldato
Think i have almost all the driving games listed here, been sim racing for like 20 years, my fav is RaceRoom Racing Experience(only if your after full sim experience thou), surprised know one mentioned it, easily the best for me, nothing comes close to the force feedback/physics or audio as well(just costs a lot if you want all cars/tracks), AC is also ok, but gives me no real sense of real speed, i only race cockpit view, PC i quite like.

Last edited:
Soldato
Manually assign them, save it as a preset and try again :)
I get that every now and then too.

If it happens again, you may just need to reload the preset.

You may also need to set the accelerator/brake inputs to inverted.

Back
Top Bottom