What is white privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
White privilege is being stalked by someone presumably due to a sexist/racist belief that because you are a white woman you will be a softer target than a 200lb African man and it still be called a 'random ' rather than targeted attack.

[snip]

I'd say that's more a failing of the parole board of whoever deemed that person fit to re-enter society.

Dude should be sectioned and not let out until they can be safely monitored or deemed 'under control'. Instead of defaulting to race (not that i'm suprised you did), maybe ask why this indiviual was not refered to mental health services and why they were let out only to re-offend days later. This country seems to have form for this.

A social construct derived by the left, because they can't think of any other reason why black families and black people could possibly be victimised without it, completely ignoring wealth, location, broken families and many other socioeconomic factors that are more likely the prevalent issues.

'The Left' would likely say that those 'socioeconomic' reasons you've listed could also be attributed to historical racism, escpecially in the US.

Soldato
No it's the position you want to believe I portray, for some strange reason.

No it's not, you have repeatedly questioned and tried to downplay things that black people experience every day. That is the epitomy of not empathising.

Whether that's because you're incapable or because you've chosen not to acknowledge these simple facts of a black person's life I don't know.

Man of Honour
No it's not, you have repeatedly questioned and tried to downplay things that black people experience every day. That is the epitomy of not empathising.

Whether that's because you're incapable or because you've chosen not to acknowledge these simple facts of a black person's life I don't know.
Please can you quote some? I haven't downplayed anything. I asked you for examples of how you would behave to others and then we discussed those examples. Please can you provide quotes where I downplay things that black people experience.

Soldato
Please can you quote some? I haven't downplayed anything. I asked you for examples of how you would behave to others and then we discussed those examples. Please can you provide quotes where I downplay things that black people experience.

The fact that you have consistently tried to deny white privilege says more than any specific quote.

You're trying to argue the tide doesn't go out, when it clearly does

Soldato
if you've never been in a situation where there's no specific threat, but a general feeling of being vulnerable, good, but it's really quite distressing in my experience.

So, for example, my parents village is a typical middle England boomer village.

No one is overtly racist, or actively so, and I can have a drink there quite happily. If I took my Nigerian friend there, he would get funny looks off some people though.

And I'm sure if your boomer parents went into certain clubs and pubs in South East London (and many other places) they to would get some 'funny looks' and maybe a bit more from the clientele.

Your 'Nigerian' friend seems to help you to try and do a lot of heavy lifting on these forums....

Next time you two met up away from the usual racist haunts why don't you discuss the topic of white privellege and compare and contrast maybe getting some 'funny looks' in a pub to how his countrymen and women get on in other countries..... (including majority 'black' ones?)

All we seem to have so far identified is that Wesimmo knows a lot of racists including apparenlty non white ones.....

But then somebow concludes that in a majority white country that his experiences can be used to confirm the idea of universal 'white privilege' ......

I have yet to see any description of 'white privellege' that doesn't either dissappear completely when examined or isnt really just ' majority (population) privellege' .

And given that whoose in the majority is very situational why not just call it that?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
And they'd be wrong.

I don't think you can make that statement, there's no doubt plenty of cases, especially in the US where people can trace things like generation wealth, and the location they grew up in to historical racism. Broken families could also easily be linked to race and things like harsher senteces and a biased/racist judicial system.

On the other side of that there's clearly people (or better yet fathers) who for some reason will turn to crime as a means to make money, leading to all the problems you've listed. It's not as simple as the left are wrong, or racism doesn't exist, or it's all because of racism.

Soldato
So where are these examples? Please quote some.

Do you believe in white privilege? No? Then you've down played things.

From what I can see, you’ve only provided anecdotes, not “simple facts”.

No, I've provided real life examples of undeniable facts, unless you disagree with the following facts.

• There are racists
  • There are homophobes
  • There are places where these creatures congregate

Soldato
And I'm sure if your boomer parents went into certain clubs and pubs in South East London (and many other places) they to would get some 'funny looks' and maybe a bit more from the clientele.

Your 'Nigerian' friend seems to help you to try and do a lot of heavy lifting on these forums....

Next time you two met up away from the usual racist haunts why don't you discuss the topic of white privellege and compare and contrast maybe getting some 'funny looks' in a pub to how his countrymen and women get on in other countries..... (including majority 'black' ones?)

All we seem to have so far identified is that Wesimmo knows a lot of racists including apparenlty non white ones.....

But then somebow concludes that in a majority white country that his experiences can be used to confirm the idea of universal 'white privilege' ......

I have yet to see any description of 'white privellege' that doesn't either dissappear completely when examined or isnt really just ' majority (population) privellege' .

And given that whoose in the majority is very situational why not just call it that?

You are particularly bad at this debating thing aren't you?

You might want to review my posts where I acknowledged the very poor hill you chose to die on.

I've explicitly said that privilege is dependent on the majority ethnicity/race or whatever you want to call it.

I've also addressed the fact that negative stereotyping exists on all sides and stated that I think it's wrong.

So essentially, if we ignore the bits of your post that are absolute rubbish, we're left with a nothing argument. If it makes you feel better, imagine my real life experiences are just made up examples if that makes it easier. Parables if you like.

Soldato
And we have the kafka trap!

Your denial of white privilege is in of itself evidence of white privellege!

You cant beat 'logic' like this!

Honestly, you are a pigeon aren't you?

I didn't say that at all, in any way.

I said his position in this thread indicated he didn't believe in white privilege, not that it proved or denied it's existence.

Man of Honour
So you aren't going to provide examples of the things you accused me of? Surely if I had said those things then you can quote them here? If you quote them then we can calmly discuss whether I was indeed "downplaying things that black people experience every day" or not. Perhaps you will persuade me that I did say them or perhaps I will persuade you that you misunderstood my point or I worded it poorly. But if you're not going to quote them then everyone will have to assume your accusations are false.

Soldato

Im not sure I buy into white privilege either. I’m Chinese but was born in England, of course I’ve suffered from racism through my life but I can’t say I’ve ever felt disadvantaged in any way. Occasionally felt humiliated or hurt, generally not bothered but never disadvantaged

Soldato
So you aren't going to provide examples of the things you accused me of? Surely if I had said those things then you can quote them here? If you quote them then we can calmly discuss whether I was indeed "downplaying things that black people experience every day" or not. Perhaps you will persuade me that I did say them or perhaps I will persuade you that you misunderstood my point or I worded it poorly. But if you're not going to quote them then everyone will have to assume your accusations are false.

That's simply not true.

I have argued that white privilege exists, you've doubted and questioned every assertion and example I've given from a very obviously doubting position.

Would any rational person conclude you agreed that white privilege exists? If you say 'no" then you're either lying or a bit lacking 'up there".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom