**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Soldato
I thought the samsung S and note models all came with expandable storage (microSDXC slot) and most other feature have been improved on from what I can see, unless your comparing the note 9 to mid range phones

- like I say Exynos 990 is a POS. Its quite literally capable of throttling to half speed. No thanks. Definately want 865, given it is faster, doesnt throttle anywhere near as much, gets more optimization and is less power hungry.
Pretty inferior as a core. Add that to the increased prices and the SD865+ overseas and distinctly put off the Note 20 Ultra.

Associate
It's so frustrating, I'm happy to pay the big bucks but the device I want doesn't seem to exist

If they make the perfect phone you won't upgrade it next year, or the year after.

I know not everyone does, but how many people have you seen asking if they should upgrade from their note 10?

Soldato
- like I say Exynos 990 is a POS. Its quite literally capable of throttling to half speed. No thanks. Definately want 865, given it is faster, doesnt throttle anywhere near as much, gets more optimization and is less power hungry.
Pretty inferior as a core. Add that to the increased prices and the SD865+ overseas and distinctly put off the Note 20 Ultra.
You are right that is the biggest disappointment, I dont know why they did not just use the SD.
I still want to see the comparison to see if anything has changed.

Considering they made some great improvements, some I was not aware but have been wanting from samsung.

if it had the SD and kept the 256gb it would have been perfect

Associate
This is a right wasp nest.
People giving analogies of buying the same thing in different countries actually does happen its not just the smart phone world.
Motorcycles, the exact same one in some countries you pay the exact same price for the same bike yet one is seamed to fast for say the uk so has to be restricted and in some instances they come with different engines.
My father bought a new car last year,sorry i cannot remember the make and model(im not a car person) yet he moaned and got quite upset the car he bought in the uk was also on sale in another country yet had a lot higher spec, the paint wanted was a premium one in the uk yet in other countries you could get for free. also had more goodies with it yet still cost the same amount of money.
This happens in a lot of other things we can buy.
I have been a long time samsung buyer, i can understand the frustration i can. but is it not as simple as if your not happy just do not buy it, As some have already said the only way they will learn is via the wallet, sad but true.
I will not be getting the note this year i am personally going to wait. doesn't mean people who are are making mistakes or the wrong choices.

Btw Samsung are not stupid they knew people would not be happy, will this alter the amount of units they will sell i very much doubt it tbh.

I think the problems started when they started to make s line nearly identical to the note line.

Anyhow i hope the people who have pre ordered one or are going to get oen are happy with them and please report back here what you think .
Just my £2 worth.

Associate
Yeah but a lot of us care because we do push these phones. Why buy a flagship if you don't want the features or use them. A decent midrange phone is all you need for mundane apps and calls etc.

What people are upset about is paying the same money for a less performing chip than other areas of the world. Upto 20% less performance ive read under certain scenarios.

Sort of like 2 customers going into BMW to buy an M3 and one gets a 330d whilst the other the M3, the 330d is still an amazing product but you would also be mad you paid more than you should, even if you werent going to use the performance the M3 brings to the table.

Not a great analogy I know but hey ho lol.

Samsung have just rubbed salt into the wound with the note 20 and sticking with exynos 990 and going 865+ elsewhere, so that 20% gap increases but the price is still the same.

Something that has been said before too is Samsung went snapdragon in their own territory for the first time ever, that speaks volumes of what they think about their own chip. They are just offloading their stock onto us it seems.

If it bothers you that much don't buy the phone.

I am not saying what Samsung has done is right but they have & nothing we can do about it, apart from not buy the phone.

I'm saying it's no big deal to me. It looks like it is to you, so don't buy it. Job done.

Associate
If it bothers you that much don't buy the phone.

I am not saying what Samsung has done is right but they have & nothing we can do about it, apart from not buy the phone.

I'm saying it's no big deal to me. It looks like it is to you, so don't buy it. Job done.

I'm not numpty, but just like you giving your opinion im entitled to mine.

I made the mistake of buying the s20.

Associate
just ordered the note 20 Ultra in White, I'm on the Samsung upgrade plan, this is to replace my note 10

Same. Mine is in fantastic condition, any shenanigans from Samsung about it not & offering me a pittance will be straight request to send back & pick up the Note 20 Ultra.

I hope they offer the Fold next year, I'll pay the difference.

Back
Top Bottom