• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yes it seems they are marketed for 8 year olds but don't worry you can have loads of RGB ;). Soon there's going to be glitter and Hello Kitty/Barbie themed mobos the way things are going.
Like this you mean?

kitty.jpg

Soldato
You kids and your hip-hop lingo. :p
I'm 42 dude :p

Thing is, to me there is absolutely nothing wrong with aesthetics as well as engineering. The problem is when, as a few of you have said, is when it does go all style over substance and the board itself suffers in favour of plastic and RGB. Look again at the boards I cited as looking incredible, you'll also see they're built like tanks and unbelievably well engineered. Now, compare any of those boards to the MSI MEG range. That **** is vile.

I don't have a problem really with boards marketed at 8 year olds, but I have a major problem with boards designed by 8 year olds. And that is the MSI MEG stuff ALL over. Even EVGA have totally lost the plot. Compare the X58 boards and the SR-2 to the retarded Dark line they have now. Have they decided that they cant be bothered taking the overclocking crown back from Asus's Apex line and just capitulated with those stupid fugly shrouds?

Depressing.

Soldato
Be interesting to see how much improvement comes from the way the chip is arranged, like if 8 core shows noticeably better single core perf because of the latency over the higher core counts in games and other stuff that rely on it more.

Soldato
When I upgraded this year, from an i7 3930k, I specifically bought a decent x570 at the expense of a "lesser" CPU in the 3600. The reason is that I wanted a decent stop gap CPU until the 4000 series drops and I'll get a 12 core CPU, to last me years.

You'll find as you get older, you start not caring about max pc performance and more value for money aspect. I was the "must get the latest" fanboi for years, then I wised the **** up and realised it's a waste of cash buying a new rig every release. Who cares what someone has in their Sig on a forum, as that forum sig epeen is apparently important to some lol.
You just have to look at the naff roll of honour threads in the gpu section lol.

Bottom line is that although this is the last am4 launch, it'll do many just fine, for years to come.

The other thing is you'll pay a big chunk of a premium having"the best" for in reality a few percent better performance.

I still think it's worth having decent gear, but going for second best, or nearly top end gear will get you much better bang for buck.

There is a lot that goes into the decision, plus what is right for some isn't right for everyone, but unless your minted I do think going absolute top end is a waste of money.

Soldato
The 3300x is an interesting chip because of its layout, the next 8 core zen3 chip should benefit similarly i would think.
A high (i recon 5ghz is on the table this time) clocked 8 core chip will be a gamers go to.

It would be nice if AMD can offer 5ghz chiplets. The 3950X replacement would be amazballz.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Not sure what you mean? I mean i hope the 8 core chips have high clock speeds as well, unless you mean they should hold them back for AM5

No i literally just mean the naming scheme. Leaks suggest that the next chips will be the 5000 series (they're skipping the 4000 series name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom