Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
Amazon are really peeing me off recently.

Last week ordered an item, out for delivery before 9pm. Tracking showed the driver passed the end of my road about 8:45 after getting the "5 stops away" etc. Nothing, and about 30 mins later tracking was updated to "there is a delay". Contact support, item may not have been on the van. Brilliant.

Today, waiting for my Oneplus Nord pre order "arriving today". Noticed its not been dispatched yet so contact support. Its not in stock and "their system cannot cope with live stock situation". Cancelled the order, and prime.

Soldato
Amazon are really peeing me off recently.

Last week ordered an item, out for delivery before 9pm. Tracking showed the driver passed the end of my road about 8:45 after getting the "5 stops away" etc. Nothing, and about 30 mins later tracking was updated to "there is a delay". Contact support, item may not have been on the van. Brilliant.

Today, waiting for my Oneplus Nord pre order "arriving today". Noticed its not been dispatched yet so contact support. Its not in stock and "their system cannot cope with live stock situation". Cancelled the order, and prime.
Oh wow. Two failed orders so you cancelled.

I have approximately 15 parcels arrive per week with amazon prime.
One or two a week are delayed by a day. No biggie. I get most the same day too.

Soldato
To clarify, I only started prime to get £30 off the phone and fast shipping. £7.99 offset against that wasn't bad even if I cancelled after 1 month.

Glad you're happy though.

One thing to note with Amazon delivery it never updates or shows a time ie 12-2pm till after 11am for me anyway

Associate
I find a lot of items that show as prime are not offering next day delivery now, so as far as I'm concerned they shouldn't advertise it as prime.

I have prime not for the delivery though although, thats a bonus but for the TV.

I can't stand all those bloody soaps the wife watches so it's of to the comp or other room to fire up Prime video or Netflix.

Soldato
Oh wow. Two failed orders so you cancelled.

I have approximately 15 parcels arrive per week with amazon prime.
One or two a week are delayed by a day. No biggie. I get most the same day too.

Is that business use or something? surely you don't buy that many products per week?

Just finished watching The Boys, what a show that is!

Soldato
I don't bother with Amazon prime for a few reasons.

I'm not interested in the TV, I binge watched all of The Expanse on a free trail, which is the only thing I wanted to see on it.

For deliveries, about 90% of what I order on free delivery over £20 turns up the next day anyway, and anything under £20 I'll just use eBay.

Soldato
Top up your account? I pay for everything by card

Yeah i do generally too, but if you preload your account then you get a bonus of 2%, so i think i'll just move to sticking a few hundred in my account and letting purchases whittle it down.

I've worked out i spend around £300 a month on average so assuming £6 a month top up bonus that works out around £70 a year. I'll take that for absolutely no effort.

Soldato
Yeah i do generally too, but if you preload your account then you get a bonus of 2%, so i think i'll just move to sticking a few hundred in my account and letting purchases whittle it down.

I've worked out i spend around £300 a month on average so assuming £6 a month top up bonus that works out around £70 a year. I'll take that for absolutely no effort.

I assume you also have an amazon mastercard for extra points/vouchers then?

The interest is horrendous but if you use it and pay off each month, it's money for nothing if you're already buying loads on amazon.

Non amazon purchases earn points towards amazon vouchers as well.

Soldato
I assume you also have an amazon mastercard for extra points/vouchers then?

The interest is horrendous but if you use it and pay off each month, it's money for nothing if you're already buying loads on amazon.

Non amazon purchases earn points towards amazon vouchers as well.

I signed up for it once, but realised i could get better rewards through Amex :)

Soldato
Yup, Amex is the best for rewards. At least 1% cash back on everything and more if you go down the airline points route. That said, I might order once per month from Amazon at the most.

Soldato
I use the free cashback card from them. Gives 0.5% cashback but in the first 6 months if you spend at least 3k then you get 5%.

The free card is currently 0.5% if you spend between £0-£5000 and 1% for £5000 and above in a year. It has an introductory offer of 5% (up to £100) for the first 6 months of use.

I just put everything I can on the Amex and pay it off each month. Make sure you set it to the default payment option for PayPal etc. to unlock a lot more retailers that don’t accept it by default.

Most places accept it these days except really budget shops like B&M, even a lot of independents.

Back
Top Bottom