Poll: 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 5/?

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Rate the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Just spotted that Hulkenberg's race suit still doesn't quite fit him correctly, a little short around the ankle. But that's because it's one of Stroll's and he's taller than Stroll. At least it's got his name, nationality and blood type on it properly rather than being written on some tape. :D

Associate
what a cracking performance from the Hulk. and this is just in two consecutive weeks without racing this season - all the more impressive.

Caporegime
Hullenberg Radio - Yeehaaaa! Get in there Racing Point! Nice one.

He was dropped because he'd achieved nothing of note in ten seasons of F1. With Ricciardo solidly outclassing him last season, Renault wanted a promising young driver instead of a solid journeyman in the second seat.

I'd love to see Nico stomp it tomorrow; but let's not pretend that dropping him was an outlandish decision.

Soldato
So happy for Hulk, really hope he gets a podium tomorrow.

Amazing how much Vettel is struggling with the car compared to Charles. Vettel is a fantastic driver, it’s almost as if he’s completely give up his competitive edge (fed up of Ferrari?).

I’d never wish cars to crash, but if the 2 Mercs took each other out in the first corner it’ll be a hell of a race :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
As Murray Walker used to say..

“F1 is if backwards... anything can happen and it usually does in formula 1” :D

Speaking of which, it’d have been nice for him to come back for the anniversary race... especially as it’s at Silverstone.

Permabanned
I've just seen an interview with Toto saying the brake ducts on the Racing Point aren't the only reason for the sudden huge improvement.

Toto is right, it is all the other bits they have copied too.

Man of Honour
I've just seen an interview with Toto saying the brake ducts on the Racing Point aren't the only reason for the sudden huge improvement.

Toto is right, it is all the other bits they have copied too.

Yup. Funny thing is teams have been doing it for years, but they haven’t been as far up the grid, hence the lack of protests.

Permabanned
Yup. Funny thing is teams have been doing it for years, but they haven’t been as far up the grid, hence the lack of protests.

And as there are competitive don't you smell a rat?

The only downside for Mercedes is the Tracing Point drivers haven't maximised the capability of the car.

Caporegime
Great for the hulk. Sad Renault dropped him for ocon. Hulk is my fav driver.
Beating your team mate who knows the car after being out of f1 for a while, awesome.

If Alonso doesn't perform Renault aren't going to be in a good place driver wise next year.
Would have rathered hulk and Alonso.

Dunno why Riccardo had mediums on in that last lap.

Also think it's a terrible decision for RP to get vettel. Think they'll regret it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom