I'm Stuck on what RAM for my Build.

Associate
OP
Would definetly go for the 8 pack ram as not only will it out perform the other 2 currently in games it will also overclock to 4400+ so if you upgrade to zen 3 in the future which is supposed to have a better memory controller which can do 2000+ Fclk then ram that can do over 4000 will go very nicely with that.
Yeah I'm just stuck on Motherboard and cooler now. £200-£260 for my MB. Water cooler which will hold my build smoothly.

Associate
Would be interesting to get more views from people here on RAM speed and timings for Ryzen Zen 2. Am I the only one that thinks there is very little to be gained beyond 3200 CL16 or 14 - heading towards point of diminishing returns?

Soldato
Associate
Would be interesting to get more views from people here on RAM speed and timings for Ryzen Zen 2. Am I the only one that thinks there is very little to be gained beyond 3200 CL16 or 14 - heading towards point of diminishing returns?

like everything, if you want to invest there be a difference.
But then you have to spend time to ensure its stable, no errors and such.
And question remains, will you notice that difference?
Usually a faster SSD with superb 4k reads is more noticeable.

I upgraded recently from old corsair ram 3000mhz that only could run 2933mhz.
To crucial B 3600mhz cl16 that runs great. I tweaked the subtimings slightly and dropped a few nanoseconds.
I wont notice that difference but it was a 20min work and now I dont need to dwell on this anymore.
The new cpu ryzen 4 is likely to be more beneficial than any ram, tweak.

Associate
like everything, if you want to invest there be a difference.
But then you have to spend time to ensure its stable, no errors and such.
And question remains, will you notice that difference?
Usually a faster SSD with superb 4k reads is more noticeable.

I upgraded recently from old corsair ram 3000mhz that only could run 2933mhz.
To crucial B 3600mhz cl16 that runs great. I tweaked the subtimings slightly and dropped a few nanoseconds.
I wont notice that difference but it was a 20min work and now I dont need to dwell on this anymore.
The new cpu ryzen 4 is likely to be more beneficial than any ram, tweak.
Fair enough. Yes I think the CL16 3600s are coming down in price and availablity is good as well. Yeah and I suppose with faster RAM you will have better future proofing as well.

Soldato
Fair enough. Yes I think the CL16 3600s are coming down in price and availablity is good as well. Yeah and I suppose with faster RAM you will have better future proofing as well.
Bear in mind if your planning to go zen 3 then it's worth spending a bit more and getting some ram that will clock decently. Everyone goes on about future proofing the motherboard with PCIe gen 4 but forgets about the ram and for gaming if zen 3 does 2200 fclk which allows 4400 ram then this will make much more of a difference than gen 4.

Associate
Ah that would make sense if the f clock can achieve that. Yeah I can imagine than investing in high speed can makes sense.

Associate

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 ATX Motherboard

Will this motherboard support Team Group 8Pack Edition 16GB DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit, I will change the CPU cooler but this is a need to know as everyone recommends this RAM as it's future proof.

Yeah I have this motherboard and I have 32gb of the team group xtreem 8pack ram and it works sooooo well! I've overclocked mine from 3600mhz to 3800mhz, infinity fabric from 1800mhz to 1900mhz at 1.5v daily. You won't be disappointed.

Edit: this is what I have.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3600mhz-quad-channel-kit-black-my-095-tg.html

Associate
OP
Yeah I have this motherboard and I have 32gb of the team group xtreem 8pack ram and it works sooooo well! I've overclocked mine from 3600mhz to 3800mhz, infinity fabric from 1800mhz to 1900mhz at 1.5v daily. You won't be disappointed.

Edit: this is what I have.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3600mhz-quad-channel-kit-black-my-095-tg.html
yeah this ram holds perfect I did try to go OC the ram to 4000mhz wasn’t having it, Highest I could get was 3866mhz which isn’t a problem as it runs smooth as hell.

Back
Top Bottom