Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
I was going to order this until I saw high end computer hardware barely getting FPS over a PS4 which is a 7 year old console?!?? How is that even possible. Clearly the devs spent no time making performance acceptable.

I hope they change there act soon and put some effort in. Death stranding set the bar high and they share the same engine.

Soldato
Played 4 hour so far, game runs fine, no stutters. Only changed textures/model detail to ultra, everything else on original. Play @ 1200p 60hz with v-sync on.

Soldato
Also been good for me once the right settings have been dialled in. Avoid full screen mode is my main advice.

Overclocked 5700xt >70fps on average with 1440p on ultimate preset, vsync off but with freesync.

Caporegime
I deleted it and re-downloaded it.

Weirdly the original download was 67 GB but re-downloading it was over 70GB

Anyway, its working properly now, no more visual artifacts and it doesn't have the frame drops either.

Soldato
I deleted it and re-downloaded it.

Weirdly the original download was 67 GB but re-downloading it was over 70GB

Anyway, its working properly now, no more visual artifacts and it doesn't have the frame drops either.

I'm getting the odd glitch. Not re-downloading it though :D

Soldato
Benching it here. Custom preset as per DF suggestions. Rig 3900x, B450 Tomahawk Max,32 gig 3600 ram, 1080ti and the game on a ssd. No overclocking on gpu or cpu. I'm getting 79 fps on 3440X1440P on a benchmark (several runs) Appears to run smooth and I'm not getting any hitches. Be nice to get nearer the 100 or more on my 144htz monitor, but I'm guessing freesync ultimate is doing its thing. Now find the time to play the damn thing. Too hot atm. Maybe 3am when it's cooler.

Soldato
I was going to order this until I saw high end computer hardware barely getting FPS over a PS4 which is a 7 year old console?!?? How is that even possible. Clearly the devs spent no time making performance acceptable.

I hope they change there act soon and put some effort in. Death stranding set the bar high and they share the same engine.

i don’t think that’s the case, peeps are trying to smash 1440p/ultra wide with ultimate settings on and without the dynamic frame rate adjuster on imho.

the ps4 version is 4k/30fps with chequer boarding on.

Soldato
I'm finding the combat way more enjoyable than most open world games I've played. It doesn't rely on lots of complex button combos or quick-time events, and doesn't use lots of different buttons, so it works really well on keyboard and mouse.

The bigger machines are tricky to take down, and require a tactical approach. Stealth works great for taking out lone enemies.

Back
Top Bottom