Exhaust banging on modified cars - whats the point?

Caporegime
Ah, right..... Didn't think of it that way. Still annoying when the local drug dealers drive around doing it all day everyday. Hahaha. Wouldn't mind a go of some of there cars tbh

If they had a brain they would do their dealing out of a 2004 Citroen C3. Nobody is going to pull that over. :p|

A murdered out BMW M4 with an aggressive pops and crackles map though... Asking for it!

Soldato
If they had a brain they would do their dealing out of a 2004 Citroen C3. Nobody is going to pull that over. :p

But if you were a copper. Wouldn't you be looking out for said car? :p

Theres one that drives around all night every night in a 40-50k SUV and never seems to get pulled. Not sure how they do it.

I go to work everyday and end up with a banger that's in the garage for 2 months hahaha.

Maybe I need a new job?

Caporegime

Theres one that drives around all night every night in a 40-50k SUV and never seems to get pulled. Not sure how they do it.

I go to work everyday and end up with a banger that's in the garage for 2 months hahaha.

Maybe I need a new job?

A new job, dealing drugs to the yoots of Manchester? :p

Caporegime
No, but I also don't think calling the police is a rational thing to do. Especially when you should have known they would do absolutely nothing about it. :p

He probably doesn't realise he is being a nuisance. The sensible and adult thing to do would be to go and talk to him about it, politely, and go from there...
Oh he realises he is being a nuisance. I mean you have a loud noisy car and you are driving full pelt down a road when it’s late. Otherwise he is denser than a brick.

I would have loved to have a little chat with him but kinda hard when I’m in bed trying to sleep and he’s racing up and down my road. I’m not going to get out of bed and chase him am I?

As I said I reported it to the police, they probably didn’t do anything or maybe they caught him speeding one evening and told him off??

Caporegime
Oh he realises he is being a nuisance. I mean you have a loud noisy car and you are driving full pelt down a road when it’s late. Otherwise he is denser than a brick.

I would have loved to have a little chat with him but kinda hard when I’m in bed trying to sleep and he’s racing up and down my road. I’m not going to get out of bed and chase him am I?

As I said I reported it to the police, they probably didn’t do anything or maybe they caught him speeding one evening and told him off??

He has had a golf mapped to pop and bang and has put yellow stripes on it, of course he's denser than a brick! :p

And I wasn't suggesting you chase him down the road, your post suggested you know where it parks etc, so you must have an idea of where he lives.

They definitely didn't do anything, I'd be surprised if they even bothered to note it down. They probably get a million calls from random old farts moaning about loud cars and other nonsense. ;)

Soldato

Maybe I need a new job?

There are pretty well known dealing spots all over suburbia, all the residents seem to know about it yet nothing ever gets done.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I need to record my Westfield :)

It has 95% fuel cut on lift, so it isn't wasting fuel. It pops and burbles as you come back on the accelerator due to the accel enrichment and the very hot exhaust due to the lean condition. It's properly tuned.

Soldato
"All I want is pops and bangs"

Reminds me of this for some reason!

Bloke hosting the video isn't the sharpest tool in the box - got a bimmer on PCP, then started modifying the **** out of it and making YouTube vids about it as his living. Then got all offended when BMW found out, and exercised their rights to cancel the agreement for breaching it. :D

Soldato
All they need to do is hide a camera there and they will catch them in the act.

No face no proof. A car reg and a hand slide isn't evidence. They get away with all sorts.

I watched a police camera action on Dave a while back.

Guy gets chased, pulls up around a corner, jumps in passenger seat, opens driver door...

Is this your car... Yeah but some guy was driving and he ran off for some reasons.

Nothing done.

Easy as that, these programs even show you how. It's bizarre.

Soldato
annoying as hell.
old man has a A45 with i believe a Remus aftermarket exhaust crackles away on every downshift and gear change near enough. fun for 5 minutes then it becomes tiresome,

Soldato
the only nice sound comes from a 6 or 8 or 12 Cylinder engine - everything else is fake

A Subaru without a turbo is fake! :D

H6? Sounds good!

Bloke hosting the video isn't the sharpest tool in the box - got a bimmer on PCP, then started modifying the **** out of it and making YouTube vids about it as his living. Then got all offended when BMW found out, and exercised their rights to cancel the agreement for breaching it. :D

Yeah I followed that story. Did you see when he raffled off the M4 and some 20 year old won it who said he'd probably just end up selling it? BURN! :D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

the only nice sound comes from a 6 or 8 or 12 Cylinder engine - everything else is fake

My Westfield that has a Pinto with a high torque cam, bored to 2.2 and on throttle bodies would beg to differ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom