It's too hot :(

Soldato
At least there's a nice breeze here in Southampton tonight, was still pretty warm today but thank god for light cloud cover most of the day. Not looking forward to tomorrow but at least I've got the pool to jump in.

Roll on Tuesday onwards next week, give me all the heavy rain and big thunderstorms you can throw at me please god.

Roll on October, anything past 25c and I start to really hate summer.

Man of Honour
It cooled a lot here tonight just north of London. Enough for a workout anyway. Tomorrow and Monday are now both 33C though :(

Also 33 on tue and 32 on wed with thunderstorms and rain. That’ll be interesting.

Soldato
At least there's a nice breeze here in Southampton tonight, was still pretty warm today but thank god for light cloud cover most of the day. Not looking forward to tomorrow but at least I've got the pool to jump in.

Roll on Tuesday onwards next week, give me all the heavy rain and big thunderstorms you can throw at me please god.

Roll on October, anything past 25c and I start to really hate summer.

Amen!

Soldato
sun came out about 11.15am ,a nice 21c in here (although im a Fahrenheit sort of guy) kitchen door and my tv room doors make a nice through draft ,just chilling listning to birds and slight roar of the Camel river and distant strimming ,

Screenshot-20200809-123609-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Associate
On the beach in Holkham (north Norfolk coast) yesterday and it was cold enough for me to be in a jumper and the kids in jackets. The temp difference between there and even a few miles away was weird.

Capodecina
Soldato
Temp in the sun in back garden Has hit 50degC. About 32-34 inside..

I think not. If it were 50 degrees C it would be an all-time record for this country. Are you seriously saying that your garden is hotter than Phoenix, Arizona? Something is wrong with your equipment if that's what it's telling you.

Soldato
I think not. If it were 50 degrees C it would be an all-time record for this country. Are you seriously saying that your garden is hotter than Phoenix, Arizona? Something is wrong with your equipment if that's what it's telling you.

In the sun.... remember he said in the sun.. so yes it is rubbish but his thermometer could show that in the sun.

Soldato
In the sun.... remember he said in the sun.. so yes it is rubbish but his thermometer could show that in the sun.

Correct. If you're in the sun and yes I have a thermometer in the sun. The ground gets that too so I suspect the slabs are a good 40degC. I would be very concerned if the air temp was 50 in the UK!

It's like my conservatory temps stopped registering at 69.9degC although I've been in there at 67degC.

The pond is warming up too but the Lilly pads have been shading the fish even when they want to sun bathe!

Man of Honour
Looks like Cornwall might be the first area to be hit by the potential four days of thunderstorms, 20C already in Southampton, but for a change we might not reach 30C... Woohoo!

I'm in Somerset - keep getting 4 days of "thunderstorms" on the weather forecast but it keeps getting pushed back so not sure if it will materialise. It is starting to feel quite close though so might build up to it.

EDIT: Looks like some activity in North Wales at the moment though.

Back
Top Bottom