Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
Wow some people like to beat the same drum over and over.

He's not my type of entertainer personally but how can people not understand people being entertained by someone/something and wanting to contribute financially to that entertainment?

You may not like his persona/act but not understanding why people would pay for entertainment is just ignorance.

Well said. I'm not a fan either as I think he is aimed for younger peeps but I don't get these people. To me, they come across as though they are looking down on people who find something entertaining that they don't. I do watch some other streamers on occasion, and it's not about the games. Some of them are genuinely hilarious. Bikeman for example, some of his improv is brilliant.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to admit, I never watched this guy on twitch, but after he got banned and his vids were seemingly everywhere, I watched some highlight vids on his streams, and you cannot deny that the production quality of his streams are light years ahead of anything I've seen before. It's almost TV quality. He must spend so much on his production team, and it shows.

Don't know how true it is, but I am sure I have read that he may be doing something on TV. I'll see if I can dig it out.

edit: couldn't find anything that could be credible lol. But there are loads of hits about it on googling it. Something to do with his characters backstory.

Last edited:
Soldato
tbh watching him again I don't like what he does, it's not for me, but I REALLY appreciate the ability to put on that level of performance (and it's all a performance) AND play games at the same time for HOURS.
having that interaction with people in the chat, playing games and monitoring the stream while maintaining a persona like that etc all at the same time would require a level of mental gymnastics that I just can't comprehend.
but then most streamers are doing that. just with out the persona (as much).

Associate
Nice to have some speed and violence back, figures from the 2 times first stream mind blowing made more in a night than most of us make in a year.

Good to have the 6ft 8, man mountain back:D

Soldato
Nice to have some speed and violence back, figures from the 2 times first stream mind blowing made more in a night than most of us make in a year.

Good to have the 6ft 8, man mountain back:D
We're at the the trippity top of the mountain but we're really only half way up.

Associate
Yeah, the production quality is very good. I just watched the highlights video from yesterday and they've got some great motion graphics and effects. I can appreciate the world building that's going on with the artwork, design, music etc. that goes along with the persona.

I do like how much of the production quality is well done low quality stuff too, so it's slightly cheesy, which makes it fun.

I'm not into the streaming scene and have only started to research twitch a bit recently and it does seem like the Doc is more of an overall entertainer than a simple gamer or commentator.

I'm still a little unsure about him as a person though as it seems he was talking about controversial stuff in the final stream. Including discussing conspiracy theorist David Icke, who was banned from YouTube recently for spreading misinformation about Covid 19.
Also going on about shungite crystals and 5G, more than if it was just for a bit. Plus there's the whole cheating on his wife thing. I don't watch him enough to know how serious that stuff was, but if he's entertaining a young impressionable audience it sounds like a weird topic to include.

To be fair, if you made as much as he did, you could afford that production level too. He has a whole team who do it for him.

I still find it bizarre how people would rather watch people play games, then - well, play games.

Soldato
To be fair, if you made as much as he did, you could afford that production level too. He has a whole team who do it for him.

I still find it bizarre how people would rather watch people play games, then - well, play games.

I feel that way about spectator sports too. I don't watch either but it's exactly the same.

Man of Honour
if i could drive an F1 (had the opportunity) i certainly would rather than watch Hamilton and Co do so!

People can bake cakes but still watch Great British Bake Off, people can go fishing but still watch Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer fishing, people can go for weekend breaks but still watch Richard Ayaode on Travel Man. The list goes on, those people watch those things not because they cant do them but for the same reason that some watch streamers...entertainment. Many streamers arent to a lot of peoples tastes but its more bizarre to me that intelligent folk cant understand it, than it is bizarre to actually watch it.

Soldato
People can bake cakes but still watch Great British Bake Off, people can go fishing but still watch Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer fishing, people can go for weekend breaks but still watch Richard Ayaode on Travel Man. The list goes on, those people watch those things not because they cant do them but for the same reason that some watch streamers...entertainment. Many streamers arent to a lot of peoples tastes but its more bizarre to me that intelligent folk cant understand it, than it is bizarre to actually watch it.

I don't disagree but this spreads to all those who scoff at people who enjoy reality TV like love island, big brother etc. There seems to be this double standard across the forum regarding this.

It reminds me of the Reddit superiority complex I always see. So many disparaging comments about Facebook and social media in general being posted on a major social media site. They don't like to acknowledge Reddit is infact just that.

Soldato
I've never used reddit, only ever clicked to a link for an answer of a question someone else asked so know very little other than how it looks, however I imagine reddit doesn't know your dob, name, address, location history, who you friends, mum, dad, extended family are?

Correct, however it falls firmly into the social media category just like snapchat, Instagram etc. As to what it does and doesn't know I'm not sure. You only have to sign up with an email address and a username I think.

Soldato

There are two reasons I watch streams. One is to watch people play games at a higher level than I am capable of, so I can learn. I've actually guested on streams myself half a dozen times, playing games co-operatively along with the streamer. It's fun, although I don't want to do it myself.

The other, perhaps more important reason is for the social aspect. A friendly streamer with a non-toxic chat forms a social network, a community of people interacting with each other while they watch. I got to chatting with someone once and enjoyed it, so when they began streaming themselves I followed. Over the four years since we've become friends, we talk outside the stream, we've even met in real life. She's happily married so it's not going anywhere else, but I know at least two couples who met when they were both streaming the same game and hosted each other.

Back
Top Bottom