**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Soldato
I am considering chopping in my 11 pro max and getting the ultra, I use apple pay loads there isn't any limit to what you can pay for wirelessly what's the equivalent on adroid? is it google play or samsung pay?

You can use either tho once you pick 1 the other is disabled , some thing to note ;) Samsung watch only works with Samsung pay

Soldato
Music Magpie will give £500 for the Note 10 plus for almost zero extra effort. Why even consider the £400 max offer from Samsung?

Associate
Music Magpie will give £500 for the Note 10 plus for almost zero extra effort. Why even consider the £400 max offer from Samsung?

That's the route I went. Painless & now ready for the Note 20 Ultra White.

No gender neutral bronze colour for me thank you.

Soldato
I really want this phone but like with the S20 I'm really put off by the SOC. Really annoying as this phone ticks pretty much every box. How viable is it to import one?
I imported a S10 and had no issues what so ever, only app that doesn't work is Samsung Pay. The place I ordered was based in Hong Kong so it came with a UK plug. But they no longer sell Samsung phones, Samsung must have clocked on.

Associate
I imported the International version of the Huawei Mate 20 X from Wonda Mobiles in Hon Kong a few years ago. All went well & they have the S20 Snap dragon on their as well.

I'm sure they will have the Note 20 Ultra in due course.

Associate
I'm keep my note 10+ until 2022, I'm in no hurry to upgrade... no thanks for note 20+ cos there are some downgraded from note 10+ plus expensive for per monthly or sim free phone.. good luck to anyone if buy or upgrade to note 20...

Soldato
Haven't seen enough of a bump in kit vs stupid price so going to upgrade my GN9 to a GN10+. They've blurred too many lines with lite, regular, plus and ultra models this last year. It doesn't have the same flagship feel any more.

Caporegime
OP
What are the downgrades?
Lack of a memory card, Gorilla Glass 5 (Note20) compared to GG 6 (Note10), worse resolution screen, less RAM, only a 128GB option for the Note20 and slower fast charging.

I know it's not a direct apples vs apples but a future base Note phone shouldn't be this gimped and cost £1k IMO.

Associate
Lack of a memory card, Gorilla Glass 5 (Note20) compared to GG 6 (Note10), worse resolution screen, less RAM, only a 128GB option for the Note20 and slower fast charging.

I know it's not a direct apples vs apples but a future base Note phone shouldn't be this gimped and cost £1k IMO.
I assumed the post was comparing the Note 10+ to the Note 20 ultra as it said Note 20+ but there you go.

Associate
Yes me too,

I am wondering what the speed of the exynos 990 is comparable to? I know it’s lower than 865+ but will it really make a huge difference apart from gaming (which I’m not interested in)
Yeah I know what you mean, I have my PC for that, but some do use them for gaming. The Note 10+ has a Snapdragon 855 or Exynos 9825 so if you do a comparison you will probably find the differences there but the Exynos 990 is an upgrade over the 9825, obviously the Note 20 ultra in some areas get the improved snapdragon 865+ and we in Europe and some others get the Exynos 990.

Some reviewers have said in initial tests that the Exynos version of the Note 20 Ultra tends to get a bit toasty under heavy workloads, but until we actually get the released retail version then we won't get a true idea on this. Review software is not always the released version. I am using a Huawei Mate Xs folding phone at the minute for review purposes and it also has different software to what will get released with the phone.

So in a nutshell the Exynos version of the Note 20 ultra will throttle back more under intense workloads and use more battery than the snapdragon 865+ version.

Associate
Yeah I know what you mean, I have my PC for that, but some do use them for gaming. The Note 10+ has a Snapdragon 855 or Exynos 9825 so if you do a comparison you will probably find the differences there but the Exynos 990 is an upgrade over the 9825, obviously the Note 20 ultra in some areas get the improved snapdragon 865+ and we in Europe and some others get the Exynos 990.

Some reviewers have said in initial tests that the Exynos version of the Note 20 Ultra tends to get a bit toasty under heavy workloads, but until we actually get the released retail version then we won't get a true idea on this. Review software is not always the released version. I am using a Huawei Mate Xs folding phone at the minute for review purposes and it also has different software to what will get released with the phone.

So in a nutshell the Exynos version of the Note 20 ultra will throttle back more under intense workloads and use more battery than the snapdragon 865+ version.

understood, I’m still wondering wether to get a note 20 ultra or wait for a fold 2!! I’ve had an 11 pro max for a year and am so bored!! Also i live the true multitasking that these phones supply.

Associate
understood, I’m still wondering wether to get a note 20 ultra or wait for a fold 2!! I’ve had an 11 pro max for a year and am so bored!! Also i live the true multitasking that these phones supply.
The Fold won't come with the pen though if you need it, also if you like tinkering, take a look at the Huawei Mate XS and the rumoured Mate X2, the X2 allegedly folds inward like the Galaxy fold, but my use of the Mate XS so far has been great, obviously you need to know about the lack of Google services but that's a thing you need to try for yourself.
I did an unboxing, not the best quality but for my first unboxing it was a laugh......
https://youtu.be/apg_Pr083Ps

Soldato
understood, I’m still wondering wether to get a note 20 ultra or wait for a fold 2!!

Most people go into a Note purchase imagining uses they'll have for the S Pen and, after a few days, for most people the S Pen will remain in its slot. E.g. who wants to fumble out a £1200 phone in the supermarket while pushing a trolley and start crossing items off a list? It's a recipe for drops and disaster! HOWEVER - the pens are still nice to tinker with - e.g. marking up photos, adding comedy moustaches and so on. Some games are much better with the pen (though not all games are compatible). Generally it feels nice just having the S Pen, even if it's infrequently used.

Back
Top Bottom