What retro things have you done today?

Associate
I've been getting back into Amiga, installed WinUAE, got an image with all the games I like/top 250 etc, music. I'm going full retro and gonna get CRT+A1200 for proper setup. I've found a guy that makes NEOGEO controllers with microswitchs, should be able to convert wiring, boom.

Associate
The £10 Voodoo 3 2000 Turned up today. The scratch @paradigm pointed out luckily was just over the top of the trace and it appears to be intact. Just popped it in my K6-III machine and it completed a round of 3DMark 99.

I have a nice Viglen Contender P3 650 Tower which i think i'm going to put this card into then move the system on. I don't have no need for it, but for £10 it was hard to pass up and will make a nice addition to that machine.

xfbvcv0l.jpg
dv5k3AMl.jpg

Caporegime
It's a VIA MVP3 chipset I think. Soyo stuck stickers over the chips.
Northbridge doesn't appear to have a sticker and says ETEQ. Southbridge you can just make out the Q of ETEQ, so I don't believe it's an MVP3.

Edit: seems they ARE rebranded VP3 chipsets! Well I never, didn't know SOYO used to rebrand chipsets to the point of printing directly on the chip!

Caporegime
Now that I've got the Asus Slot-1 board reliably set up and working nicely with the PowerLeap iP3/T, it's time to finally shift on my Abit BH6, this was the first board I bought when I started collecting retro kit, I've had it for a long time now so it feels slightly odd getting rid!

Going to probably shift it as a bundle, but not sure if I should get rid of it with a P3 500 (Katmai), P3 650 (Coppermine) or my P3-850 (Coppermine). The 850 is the rarest of my P3s (as all of the higher-speed 100fsb Slot-1 P3s are relatively rare), so I might want to keep hold of it, but at the same time it's also likely to draw in the most views/watchers. Was also going to pair it with an Opti based ISA sound card and a Voodoo 3 2000 (as I've got a 3000 anyway) and 128MB PC100 to sweeten the deal.

Not sure what BIN value to put it up at though, or if I should just simply list it as auction and see what happens.

Soldato
Honestly I'd be tempted to leave out the voodoo and sell that separately. People tend to buy cards separately, unless you come across a particularly cheap bundle which probably isn't what you're going for! Doing an auction with the voodoo would be odd as manypmany would only want the voodoo and don't want to pay for a solid ISA slot 1 board the people who want a solid ISA board don't want to pay a voodoo premium.

I'd say the 650 and 128MB would be a good combo and add in your add that you've got a voodoo and ISA soundcard to go with it for sale linking to the ads. Maybe offer discounted postage if someone buys the lot.

Assuming the board is fine and does Coppermine and allows for some fab adjustments 112MHz (working) I'd say stick it on at £45 and accept 40 automatically. In my opinion!

Caporegime
Cheers! The board will happily run 112fsb with the 650 or 850 in it (728 and 952MHz on the CPU respectively), and you are right, linking the other ads whilst separating out the bundle is probably a good call.

Soldato
I've had quite a few sellers "pushing" offers at me for items I've watched, which can be a good way to offer a little discount to try and entice a purchase
Yes that’s a nice feature. I was watching a game at £29 for a long time. Almost went for it a few times. This weekend they sent an offer for £14 so I grabbed that fast :)
(Big box settlers 2)

also managed to grab 2 more 3dfx compatible games in big box. Micro machines v3 and G Police.

Back
Top Bottom