BMW and M Power Owners

Commissario
If you really want to spend 45k just order a new one. There is up to 15% off list and you can avoid those awful wheels, too.

I had a quote through Carwow for £45200 - that was with Driver Assistance Pro, Visibility Package and Tech Package as well.

I'm going to wait until next year when hopefully a year old one will be 30-35k or so. At the current prices it makes more sense to order new I think.
True, also considering having a look at this lesser spec one - https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/202005139298269

Soldato
I'm looking to switch from a F30 330d xDrive to a G20 330e and was hoping someone here would have done something similar or already own a 330e.

Reason for the switch is the F30 is my personal car and the G20 will be a company car. I've not had a hybrid before so I'm looking for opinions on how the 330e drives and if it's comparable performance to the 330d. I'm not too worried about MPG as my commute is around 7 miles each way which is another reason to sell the 330d.

Thanks.

Soldato
Because laser lights.

maybe it's not true ? https://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/140111-19-plate-headlights/?page=2

the lasers are awesome and look better as a lamp itself compared to the non laser on my G05. however, the laser element of the lights only works:

a ) above 37mph

b ) On high only beam rather than low and high beam

but, I have little problem with high-beams quality, anyway, and,
if you are following someone, is the active(laser) element that might remain, to halo car in front, really so useful. ?

BMW don't yes seem to have an infra red night vision cockpit option across ranges, are these out of mode ? advert last night on Touareg, reminded me vw, like 508, have that.
maybe the bm lasers are highlighting 'obstructions'

Man of Honour
Unfortunately the 540i has been discontinued in saloon form now so they are all prefacelift cars. I still think its probably the better car, but it's so difficult to find one with the right spec whereas the M340i is better specified as standard giving the 20 inch wheels and M performance trim brigade have less scope to spec tragic cars.

In an ideal world I'd have a very high spec 540i. But I've never seen one in this country.

Man of Honour
My neighbour has a 540i touring. Not sure of the spec but it does look nice. There’s something about BMW touring cars that look great compared to other marques.

OcUK Staff
Not really a show, but more a lets hear your motors, video of the Supersprint Race on the M5:

I absolutely love the tone of the exhaust and under moderate accelerate in the rev range you use 90% of the time the sound is lovely, it has a beautiful exhaust note and though loud, its not LOUD or obnoxious but this is just catback. My primary/secondary cats are still in place as are all the resonators. I am toying with idea of maybe removing secondary cats or the resonator, just need to research which will maybe add more scream at top end, but at the sametime this setup is totally drone free and in the cabin with the windows up when cruising it is every so slightly louder than stock but most people would not notice, windows down or on power and its a bid difference. :)

Back
Top Bottom