• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
tenor.gif

Soldato
Course you can and good luck with the price you get.

You'll get peanuts for it on here and I wouldn't spend the cash from a famous auction site until 6 months has passed in case the buyer gets remorse...if you get a very good price for it of course.

Realistically I think a 2080s is worth about 300 to an informed buyer currently.

Informed , who cares? Lowest I'm seeing 2080S go is for £500 on the bay. I saw my exact card go for £650. Totally worth selling for that much. My card will have more than three years warranty left so whoever buys it doesn't have to worry. Gotta love EVGA.

Soldato
Informed , who cares? Lowest I'm seeing 2080S go is for £500 on the bay. I saw my exact card go for £650. Totally worth selling for that much. My card will have more than three years warranty left so whoever buys it doesn't have to worry. Gotta love EVGA.

you will care if someone returns it when they learn of the 30 series. You get 30 days, plenty of time for that to happen.

Soldato
Oh dear lord... I was extracting the michael with my previous post Dave and if that wasn't obvious then I can see judging context is not one of your skills, either. :D

Everyone knows you can turn settings down in games, the fact you are touting this as some kind of esoteric knowledge is highly amusing. I have been tweaking hardware to get the most out of games since before the original 3DFX was released back in 1996 and this has not stopped until the present day where I am currently getting the most out of my very temporary "waiting for Ampere and Zen3" rig with games like crazily-modded-skyrim, Witcher 3 and others that require a lot of tweaking and compromises. I have both a 4k 60hz and 1440p 144hz monitor that I game on, depending on the game.

What I, and many others judging from the thread, have been referring to is the ability to play at 4k at full or close to full graphical fidelity, which even a 2080Ti often struggles at in demanding games as a wealth of benchmarks show across many respected sites. I doubt there are many PC gamers who don't understand the concept of reducing settings to get more performance... it's, well, kind of one of the defining features of PC gaming. I get that you probably recently learned all of this stuff which is why you're so fired up about it, but it's all old news to many of the older and more experienced PC gamers who have spent decades doing it and getting the most out of underpowered hardware.

The point is that many people do not want to sacrifice a lot of detail just to gain resolution... for example I think it's far better to have 1440p at max details AND smooth framerates frames than to run a game at 4k with noticeably low detail, because that's when the additional resolution just becomes a pointless exercise and a waste of GPU power.

Nope, I most certainly don't always think I am right, so man up and stop acting like such a weenie. :)

See page 355 of this thread for things that you don't need in games @ 4k. If you go into game settings at 4k and set everything to max you are doing it wrong. Would you go in at set AA to maximum? Loads of post processing for lower resolutions to look better are turned off, freeing up processing power. So it's not that details are set to low, it's all the options you turn off for making lower resolutions look better that you don't need at 4k. Looking at benchmarks where they have to do apples to apples comparisons for a benchmark where say AA is set to max isn't representative of fps for 4k gaming.

My main shooter is insurgency sandstorm. Can get that 4k 120fps with all settings on high (not ultra). AA off - and all the post processing rubbish that makes the screen vaselined for 1080p and low end hardware. ;)

Back
Top Bottom