Best 27 inch monitor for photo editing

Associate
I've done a little bit of internet searching and the Benq SW270C seems to be highly thought of for photo editing. However the issue is its a little on the pricey side so any other recommendations please for a 1440 monitor that will be used for photo (not video) and a bit of general internet use below £500

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Have a look at the BenQ PD2700U. It is 4K but that’s a big plus for photo editing, you can see a ton more detail in your photos. Also running at 150% scaling in Windows will result in a crisp UI and sharp text.

Soldato
I've just recently got an LG 27UL850 and I am very impressed with it.
I use Lightroom and Photoshop for my images and I have to say 4K is exceptional for image editing and I'm very happy I went this route.

UL850 version of the monitor has USB-C. I opted for this so I can plug in my work laptop to work from home with a single cable and that's very handy. The UL650 is the exact same panel I believe but doesn't have the USB-C is all so is slightly cheaper. Definitely below your £500 budget.

I also have my PS4 Pro connected for 4K gaming and again, not a bad word to say. I love my monitor.

Soldato
I'd also look at the Lenovo L28u-30 28", which is also IPS and is cheaper than the above mentioned BenQ and LG options, but offers very similar spec.

4K would be my personal preference for any work related task. I'd only opt for 1440p (high refresh) if gaming is a concern. There really is no other reason to go with that resolution. That said, you will require scaling at 150% for a 27" 4K monitor. 32" would be preferable, but there are slim pickings when it comes to an affordable 32" 4K IPS monitor.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the input. It's much appreciated. Apologies for the delay in responding but the notification email wentry into my spam folder

Associate
OP
Still doing more research on this the 4k vs 2k for photographers seems to be a bit like Mac vs PC

Can I ask please if I go for 4k will my ageing PC be up,to the task ?

PC spec is i5-4570 3.2 GHZ
Intel (R) Graphics 4600
16GB RAM

Back
Top Bottom