One year on and my tubing and/or fluid is going green.

Associate
im using ek clear cryofluid, its been in about 2 years now with zmt tubes
all rads and blocks were cleaned with blitz and put massive amounts of distilled water through and then about 10lt of meyhems pure
one of my rads was an old rad which i used EC6 blue
now my water has a blue tint to it, no blockages, all clean from what i can see
obviously im not going back to ec6 or any dye fluids

im going to have to do another flush, doubt ill do a big blitz tbh, ill prob do a basic if any
but should i go with clear cryofuel again, or should i move to XT-1
my loop holds around 2.5lt
with a small rez and its on almost 24/7 if that makes any difference

Soldato
im using ek clear cryofluid, its been in about 2 years now with zmt tubes
all rads and blocks were cleaned with blitz and put massive amounts of distilled water through and then about 10lt of meyhems pure
one of my rads was an old rad which i used EC6 blue
now my water has a blue tint to it, no blockages, all clean from what i can see
obviously im not going back to ec6 or any dye fluids

im going to have to do another flush, doubt ill do a big blitz tbh, ill prob do a basic if any
but should i go with clear cryofuel again, or should i move to XT-1
my loop holds around 2.5lt
with a small rez and its on almost 24/7 if that makes any difference

What exactly are you trying to achieve mate? Get rid of the blue?

Type of fluid won't make any difference. I'd say your best bet would be Blitz again, but as you've already seen, dye is a nightmare to shift. It's probably come from your o-rings, microfins or the depths of a radiator.

I don't use coloured fluids for this reason, nightmare to get rid of.

Associate
well its flush time anyway, so ill use the basic blitz and run lots of distilled through as usual, the blue should go in time, but it put me off ec6 lol

just not sure if i should stick with cryofuel again or move to xt-1
cryofuel seems to be rated highly on many sites but xt-1 tends to be referred to here more often

not sure if one is going to be better suited for 24/7 high loads vs the other

also not sure if the xt-1 5lt premix is v1 or v2, since the concentrate says v2 now and it feels too much of a saving to go for its premix, which id still like to confirm the % for

Soldato
well its flush time anyway, so ill use the basic blitz and run lots of distilled through as usual, the blue should go in time, but it put me off ec6 lol

just not sure if i should stick with cryofuel again or move to xt-1
cryofuel seems to be rated highly on many sites but xt-1 tends to be referred to here more often

not sure if one is going to be better suited for 24/7 high loads vs the other

also not sure if the xt-1 5lt premix is v1 or v2, since the concentrate says v2 now and it feels too much of a saving to go for its premix, which id still like to confirm the % for

Honestly mate, there's probably not much difference between established brands, in terms of clear fluid.

A lot of us are older, we've been doing it for ages, and we started with water + silver/biocide/antifreeze before Mayhem's appeared, and we switched. That's likely why you see it mentioned a lot.

I've not tested different brands extensively enough to definitively say which is best, but I do know that XT1 Nuke has consistently delivered great results for me, for a long time.

The amount of time per day you have it on likely has no bearing either, at least with clear fluids and quality tubing.

I also don't see the point in pre-mixed; it's more expensive, costly to ship, and takes away your choice of concentration.

Higher concentrations generally lower thermal conductivity, lower freezing point, and better corrosion and biological resistance. Choosing your own concentration lets you tailor the performance of your fluid to your particular application.

Frankly, imo all most people need is distilled water, biocide, and maybe corrosion inhibitors.

Associate
i never liked the distilled water and silver coil/biocide setup
i tried it a couple of times with and without the coil, and preferred the premix, iv been using it ever since, this would be my first concentrate build
my first watercooling case build was actually done by someone ocuk recommended via these forums back in 2003 i think, back when i was not confident in knowing i was buying the right rad that could be modded into the case

fun times

but thats good enough for me, ill go xt-1, think its my first go with mayhems coolants

Soldato
i never liked the distilled water and silver coil/biocide setup
i tried it a couple of times with and without the coil, and preferred the premix, iv been using it ever since, this would be my first concentrate build
my first watercooling case build was actually done by someone ocuk recommended via these forums back in 2003 i think, back when i was not confident in knowing i was buying the right rad that could be modded into the case

fun times

but thats good enough for me, ill go xt-1, think its my first go with mayhems coolants

Hope it goes well mate. We're all different with liquid preferences. Back when we used pond pumps I don't think there was any other option, was there? :D

Associate
i was running freezer units back then, till i started to get kicked out of lan parties due to the noise...
its funny looking back that i never wanted to go watercooling due to using jubilee clips, yet my freezer unit stained the back of my gpu with the drips of condensation lol

i had a sponge in a cut up cig packet sat on top of my gpu to collect the drips after that, i ran it like that for a good year, laziness at its finest rofl
so much effort to build that pc so little care towards the end of it
my last air cooler was the wonderful Alpha PAL8045, also silly noisy

Associate
If a drain port is easily accessible, I would be tempted to drain as much as possible, them refill with distilled, every day, for few days. Should be enough to dilute the blue dye.
I agree with the suggestion of residue next to o-rings and low water flow points.
Had issue with the Mayhem's pastel white. Had to bin the whole tubing and take every block apart. Not a nice thing just a week after putting all together. Even after many flushes, I was able to see residues at the fittings and now and them around the blocks.
Using the X1 now, as used before the pastel and happy with it. Never had problems before. Silly move trying the pastel white.

Associate
Quite sad, really. Love the looks, but as recently had to rearrange the office to allow the missus to work from home, my beautiful side window is facing the wall. :D
Has to be on the table, at the left side of my desk. At least the front door of the Enthoo Primo now makes sense. :D

Associate
Doh...turns out im already using xt1 premix
serves me right for never binning old stuff lol

If a drain port is easily accessible, I would be tempted to drain as much as possible, them refill with distilled, every day, for few days. Should be enough to dilute the blue dye.
I agree with the suggestion of residue next to o-rings and low water flow points.

its had lots of cleaning and flushes though since it had that blue dye, its just got a tint to it, im not concerned, there is no obvious residue and that rez has had the blitz kit done a few times, its only appeared over the last month due to the heat i think
just want to avoid any fluid that might cause issues later down the line, but ill go xt-1 nuke v2, not sure if its different that the xt1 premix, i assume its the same stuff, its just my xt-1 concentrate is in a different bottle than the nuke concentrate, either way its all good, im happy and ill order it shortly

Soldato
Very happy to hear it mate. What fluid and concentration did you go for?

It's tough to spend the money custom loops require, go through the battles it can present, and have to go back to square one. Well done for persevering.

You may find you get a little green down the line, as the loop turns over day in day out, likely from all that extra vinegar you added. If it does just drain, quick blitz, flush and go again. Shouldn't need a dismantle.

Back
Top Bottom