It's too hot :(

Soldato
It's only 27.9 at our local weather station.

Office is 26.5 though, but our master bedroom which is south facing is currently 28.9, even though the curtains and windows are closed. Not going to be fun settling to sleep tonight.

Soldato
I was out all day Friday and Saturday working on my car and ended up with mild heatstroke. Woke up Sunday and the whole room was spinning. Still feel a bit grotty today. Currently hiding behind closed curtains with the fan on.

Associate
The ECM 0z OP for the rest of the week is for more heat and humidity, with the south / south east bearing the brunt of the best weather.

Further afield the CFS is showing a HP block over the UK and Scandinavia the first week of September, not in the reliable timeframe but for me there's something in it..

Soldato
The ECM 0z OP for the rest of the week is for more heat and humidity, with the south / south east bearing the brunt of the best weather.

Further afield the CFS is showing a HP block over the UK and Scandinavia the first week of September, not in the reliable timeframe but for me there's something in it..

Any snow incoming? :D

Man of Honour
30c here. Feels like it will be the hottest of the last 5 days as well. Desperate for rain.

Yeah definitely the hottest we've had here - been into the 30s for the last 3-4 hours and anywhere indoor is just stifling and even the shade outside is hot.

Can't even get a through breeze going like the last few days which helped a lot at night.

Associate
33.6C. Last night was unbearable, didn't drop below 31C and got a whole 2.5 hours sleep. :(

End of the week shows the start of a more sensible 25C, though that still means it'll be too hot indoors but hey its something.

Caporegime
I was out all day Friday and Saturday working on my car and ended up with mild heatstroke. Woke up Sunday and the whole room was spinning. Still feel a bit grotty today. Currently hiding behind closed curtains with the fan on.

Had that the other day, felt very sick, room spinning, shivers etc

Soldato
I've recently explained to my American wife that it seems to be a uniquely British activity to complain about being hot and the weather being unfavorable to those who don't like the heat... but then do nothing to fix it (in the form of buying a portable or split a/c unit). Many folks are saying that this weather will only last a few weeks and the weather will eventually turn cooler (so an a/c unit is not worth buying) but it's likely that the UK will continue to warm so this weather will not be unique anymore - you'll have this weather every year and likely for longer every year.

Soldato
I've recently explained to my American wife that it seems to be a uniquely British activity to complain about being hot and the weather being unfavorable to those who don't like the heat... but then do nothing to fix it (in the form of buying a portable or split a/c unit). Many folks are saying that this weather will only last a few weeks and the weather will eventually turn cooler (so an a/c unit is not worth buying) but it's likely that the UK will continue to warm so this weather will not be unique anymore - you'll have this weather every year and likely for longer every year.

It's sort of like someone going:

"pfft... central heating? What a waste in the South where you probably only need it for the 2 or 3 cold months"

Completely ignoring the times of year where it is still quite cold and enough that you might still run the heating, on low, to just make sure the house is comfortable. I would expect to run my air con lots in June-August but still quite a bit intermittently anywhere from April - September and that's ignoring the fact I might run it as additional heating outside of that as well. I was very apprehensive spending so much on it but having lived with it for a couple of months now I wish I had done it sooner

Back
Top Bottom