Halo Infinite

Soldato
Noticed we don't have a dedicated thread.

The official press kit with some nice wallpapers etc. can be found here.

Campaign Gameplay Trailer

So there has been a lot of talk about the graphics, I too was quite disappointed by the initial reveal.

But after watching the high res stream, hearing from the devs and watching various vids getting me up to speed on the story I've missed I'm much more excited as the original Halo was just great fun to play and this looks like it will be too.

The fact I'll be getting it on day one as part of Game Pass makes it less of a worry from a financial perspective.

How are you all feeling about it?

What are your thoughts about the multiplayer being free-to-play?

Soldato
When they say, multiplayer is F2P ... does it mean the actual multiplayer component of the game is F2P, or does it mean you don't have to pay Xbox live gold or the like?

Soldato
Associate
The multiplayer component. IIRC though F2P multiplayer games (e.g. Smite, Warzone, Fortnite) don't require Live Gold anyway.

free to play games require gold to play online...

playstation is free to play online with f2p games.

xbox does free cloud saves instead, PlayStation requires psn.

Soldato
free to play games require gold to play online...

playstation is free to play online with f2p games.

xbox does free cloud saves instead, PlayStation requires psn.

Ta. Been a long, long time since I had an Xbox without Live Gold. I knew PS did free multiplayer for F2P games.

Soldato
I got the original for the original Halo and might do the same for this. The gameplay has always been way more interesting than other pfs and I like how there's options for breaking armour in this.

Man of Honour
Play Halo 5 Team Arena to see the direction that they will go with Halo Infinite multiplayer.

The removal of idiot smash and changing the radar to only show people sprinting or shooting are fantastic changes to the game.

Soldato
I found the ridiculously narrow FOV on Halo5 to be a real turn-off, and the over-reliance on the over-wrought storyline.

Back to some more CE style roaming around a Halo with a focus on combat....looks promising to me.

Soldato
Agreed OP about watching a better stream. I thought it looked really good. I was disappointed with Halo 5 and got bored with the SP really quickly. Loved the first three and Reach.

Soldato
OP
Interesting vid, the guy interviewed a couple of the Halo Devs while watching the recent gameplay trailer and then had an FAQ.

He wasn't allowed to play the audio so had to summarise the responses but still good.

Soldato
Interesting vid, the guy interviewed a couple of the Halo Devs while watching the recent gameplay trailer and then had an FAQ.

He wasn't allowed to play the audio so had to summarise the responses but still good.
Why do so many English Youtubers have speech impediments :p

Soldato
OP
As per the Series X thread Halo delayed to 2021...

Studio Head Chris Lee said:
Today I want to share an important Halo Infinite development update with the community. We have made the difficult decision to shift our release to 2021 to ensure the team has adequate time to deliver a Halo game experience that meets our vision.

The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday.

We know this will be disappointing to many of you and we all share in that sentiment. The passion and support the community has shown over the years has been incredible and inspiring. We wanted nothing more than to play our game with the community this holiday. The extra time will let us finish the critical work necessary to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever at the quality we know our fans expect.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-infinite-development-update

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/08/halo_infinite_has_been_delayed_until_2021

Man of Honour
Not a shock that it's been delayed from the launch date (I was surprised to see gameplay footage as extensive as they showed in the recent trailer) but 2021 is a gut punch for the Series X. Just me or does the fact that they only specifically name the covid-factor seem like a bit of a cop out?

Soldato
Not a shock that it's been delayed from the launch date (I was surprised to see gameplay footage as extensive as they showed in the recent trailer) but 2021 is a gut punch for the Series X. Just me or does the fact that they only specifically name the covid-factor seem like a bit of a cop out?
Speaking to someone that was brought into help ( short term Contract), its total rubbish. 343 has just show itself that its entire management is incompetent.

Soldato
343 hasn't pulled the series forward enough, the only interesting bits in 5 were with cortana.

How they hyped up the Locke rivalry prior to launch only to it end up being total pants was disappointing.

343 however have done a great job at remastering the original ones

4 and 5 were both just okay games, take halo tag away from it and I doubt either would have done that well

Associate
I used to love Halo!

Before I had the original Xbox, I used to take any opportunity to visit my mate whom had an Xbox and Halo to play. I finally got a clear Xbox when Halo 2 launched and loved it.

In the 360 era, Halo 3 was fantastic again and then I haven't really played one since. I'm not particularly pumped to play Infinite even though I technically get it free through Game Pass. The whole franchise just feels very long in the tooth at this point (much like my feelings towards Call of Duty!). I guess I will play it but, I just don't see it as the "killer app" of the Series X. Game pass is the killer app in that regard!

Associate
I used to love Halo!

Before I had the original Xbox, I used to take any opportunity to visit my mate whom had an Xbox and Halo to play. I finally got a clear Xbox when Halo 2 launched and loved it.

In the 360 era, Halo 3 was fantastic again and then I haven't really played one since. I'm not particularly pumped to play Infinite even though I technically get it free through Game Pass. The whole franchise just feels very long in the tooth at this point (much like my feelings towards Call of Duty!). I guess I will play it but, I just don't see it as the "killer app" of the Series X. Game pass is the killer app in that regard!
I've started playing back throught the original CoD games on my PC - killing Nazi's was so much more fun! :D

Back
Top Bottom