It's too hot :(

Soldato
Haven’t seen a storm like this before around north staffs/Cheshire, pretty much a constant rumble of thunder for half an hour now and lightning strikes every couple of seconds, feels as though it’s all around us but in the distance. Really strange.

Soldato
Really weird storm, loads of lightning but no thunder. Must be far away but from the look of it I wouldn't want to be in its path :eek:

I dont know if there is a lot of saharan dust in the air but these bolts are more orange than the usual white.

Associate
Wow, I'm in South Cheshire also, and not seen a lightning storm like this in a long time. Constant lightning, rolling thunder and tipping it down. At least it should cool things down a bit!

Soldato
Had a decent storm here was weird though as loads of lightening but not much thunder just a constant distant sounding rumble. Not done much for the temp though it’s still too damn hot.....

Soldato
I'm very jealous, dying for a storm and torrential rain here, so sick of 30c temps and no decent sleeps, it's been 5 days now.

Buy a portable a/c unit and have a good night sleep? :)

I can't sleep due to the heat. This is simply unbearable. times like this make me wish I installed an AC unit in my bedroom.

Same here. My portable a/c unit was one of my most prized possessions when I lived in the UK. :cool:

Man of Honour
There's just not enough need for A/C in the UK. I mean we might have the odd 10 days or so that we need it, otherwise it's pointless

I disagree for the south east. It’s getting warmer in the summers too. It’s the best thing we did and it heats too and far more economically than most other solutions. We’ve used it lots this year.

Back
Top Bottom