Hamilton hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm forever coming across more and more people that seem to have intense hatred towards Lewis Hamilton. Not just online, but in real life. I found a facebook page dedicated towards hating the man. I get articles popping up on my social media feeds often with a click bait article about Hamilton, and the comments.... astounding the level of hatred towards this man.

This seems to have increased tenfold lately as a result of his views on the Black Lives Matters stuff. Many people claiming he is a hypocrite being sponsored by Mercedes and Hugo Boss which have (tedious, dated) ties with racism of the past. Another major criticism seems to be him living in a tax free Monaco (as many of the drivers do), his look/style and his major success in formula one deemed to have "ruined" formula one forever.

I can understand hatred towards someone like say Michael Schumacher (who I totally respect by the way) just because of his past where he had a very arrogant attitude and went to levels to do anything to win, including very obvious cheating. His major success with Ferrari obviously became boring, and people wanted to see someone else win. The same thing happened with Seb Vettel to some extent, mainly because of his behaviour in the past, combined with dominance for a period in the Red Bull. All drivers have to be arrogant to an extent to survive and perform at the top in F1.

But with Hamilton, I don't see a bad person there. He has had his share of controversies as much as anyone that has been in the F1 circus for that long at the top, but I see a good guy underneath. In terms of his ability, I don't think anyone could realistically argue it has even been in doubt.

What are your thoughts on this?
its obvious why most hate Hamilton....

I wont spell it out for you but its pretty damm obvious and all they are doing is fuelling Hamiltons ego to win every single race he participates in

Soldato
Soldato
Maybe i have to spell it out instead..

Tell us why most of us hate Hamilton, so we can all point and laugh at you.

Do you hate Hamilton? If so why?

Or do you just think racism can't exist in the UK, within F1 Fandom, or on this forum?

Tell me why so I can not give a ****.

Soldato
Do you hate Hamilton?
Nope
If so why?
see above
Or do you just think racism can't exist in the UK, within F1 Fandom, or on this forum?
Strawman:I never said racism didnt exist. We all know what jonnymendoza wanted to say and it's bull. How many people have to say 'Hamiltons a great driver..' before people like you stop calling them racists?

Tell me why so I can not give a ****.

Well you just wasted 5 minutes of your life then, didn't you? Jog on.

Soldato
I don't jog, I run :cool:

He's hated because he's a winner and not a good loser. The UK is not a good place to be successful. But that aside a lot of the criticism levelled at Hamilton, as with a lot of black footballers, is culturally driven - i.e. these young black men spending lots of money on things I don't agree with. There of course will be a percentage who are morons and just hate blacks (it would be foolish to deny it).

It's not the cause of the hatred (in, I guess, the majority) but race is relevant in how it is expressed. Attempting to 'call out' someone for daring to suggest race is relevant is stupid and ignores all of our in built prejudices.

And nothing was wasted if it gives balance to a thread - echo chambers are crap. It pains me to see people trying to bully and shut down discourse on these forums - it's absolutely not how they were made to be.

Soldato
Run along then Polly.

And nothing was wasted if it gives balance to a thread - echo chambers are crap.

Balance? Jumping in and immediately playing the race card does not give balance to anything. It's a troll move. Lewis Hamilton acts like a berk and I'm sorry, but that has nothing to do with his skin colour. You're not the solution, or even balance for an echo chamber. You're the problem. You're a troll who's more interested in causing trouble than saying anything productive.

It pains me to see people trying to bully and shut down discourse on these forums - it's absolutely not how they were made to be.
Aww poor you. Don't make stupid assumptions and you want get the door shut in your face.

Last edited:
Soldato
Run along then Polly...and you want get the door shut in your face

Petty insults and so pointless, you're on the internet, the door is not shut and you can't make me run even if you did happen to be able to in real life.

You say he's a berk, so you're Hamilton hater, you lied in your previous post - perhaps you excuse your lies by degree rather by intention but you still lied.

How about arguments rather and insults attacks and lies? Hamilton isn't so bad, is a true professional and, you would think, bring some pride to his countrymen for his accomplishments. You are to some degree the opposite, so why? What did he do to disgrace himself in your eyes?

Or post stupid insults, because you know, it's the internet, and wtf?

Soldato
Sorry i misunderstood, i thought you didn't give a ****. Do you or dont you?

Nobody with more than half a brain cell could make the leap from recognising somebody acts like a berk to hating them. That is soo dumbfounding i literally don't know what else to say to you.

In fact, i don't need to say anything else to you.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Can we keep it civil chaps? I don’t want to delete the back and forth but throwing around insults makes baby Jesus sad.

Soldato
It's extraordinary that when there is a thread explaining many many different reasons why they dislike Hamilton that there are always one or two idiots that imply that it must be racially motivated because he's black. Pretty sad from those individuals really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom