It's too hot :(

Soldato
30.5C at my desk, a new record

I honestly dont remember 30C+ 20 years ago, is it going to get hotter and hotter as the years go on or am I just being stupid and I just never noticed it when I was younger!?

Incase you missed it then yes, this weather is becoming more common and extreme heatwaves will become more likely in the UK due to climate change.

Soldato
Just back from an eleven mile ride around the reservoir, reading 91F on my bike computer, that's hot for this country!

Was flagging towards the end, I need to get fit.

Sweating more that a turkey at Christmas the last half hour sat in the house.

Associate
The portable AC is just about managing to keep my spare room/office at 25C the last few days, it's really struggling. Even at night it's only dropping the bedroom to ~22C. Bearable but I'm trying not to think about my electricity bill :eek:.

Associate
After playing RDR 2 for a few hours last night at 1440p maintaining above 60FPS all times with it still being above 30c outside I honestly think my office was pushing 40c - insanely hot but good atmosphere for a cowboy game.

My windows are hot to the touch again right now with 34c outside, has to about 36c in my office now, but last night about 2am it dropped to 21c at the lowest, that's the time to open the windows wide for a few hours. After playing RDR 2 my office felt about double the temp of my bedroom that had the windows wide open.

Just as well I'm self employed and make my own time, first time I could actually could sleep last night in about 3 days but not till about 5am.

Soldato
This morning was glorious. Finished off my grass, had lunch out in the sun and just finished another stint of sunbathing.

We were meant to be getting rain last night, then this morning and now it's not due until tonight. My sun dancing has been paying off.

Keep it up, i've planned to head to Lytham after work to paddleboard and it's gone from

Thunder at 9pm, to 7pm, to 5pm, to 2pm, now it's back to 9pm :D

Soldato
Even though there's barely any wind about at the moment, cycling is a real struggle at the moment. Not just the heat......but the air feels so thick! It's like riding through treacle!

I've not even done a little pootle since a Sunday lunch madness two hour ride, last few days it's been bad enough walking, if you head out after ~0730.

Thunderstorm forecast now ~1930 today, no chance at 1600ish.

I ought to head out on the bike and do z1 for 30mins or so, but I dread how much fridge cold water I'll consume after drinking 1l while walking yesterday... Maybe two 1l bottles should do it for a 30min ride? ;)

Don
Last edited:
Soldato
Must admit it's a bit warm today. It's fine if you're just sat still but try doing anything and it's not very pleasant.

I think one 3 my living room is decorated in going to look into a split AC. The recent thread was interesting to see they're not as expensive as I first thought.

Permabanned
I just realised I have not been Fapping as much the past couple of weeks, it must be the heat but I am also really busy with stuff and it is a bad day when you are too busy to Fap.

Soldato
We've had endless 33-34c days here in Cambridge. I had a split AC system install in April so its been bliss since then and perfect timing for it. My house is a new build which just heats up and doesn't drop below 28-29c at night!

I have just had solar control film fitting to all the back windows of my 4 bed house (£280 all in) and my god I can stand in front of the window and not feel the heat! Highly recommend it to help keep your rooms cool. Another bonus is I can also have my blinds fully open and no longer have a glare on my monitor!

Back
Top Bottom