BMW and M Power Owners

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Highlights my point - all that and it STILL hasnt got a head up display or Driver Assistant Professional, so it lacks adaptive cruise - a feature that has been STANDARD FIT on VW Golfs for about 7 years.
Haha there'll always be something missing when they don't stick to levels and instead allow individual specification - mine has rare options yet misses common ones, as a second hand buyer you have to get your priority list and allow for slight disappointment.

The only way around it is to purchase new, with your maths head does any type of financial assistance come within margin of buying Used Approved when all is accounted for across ownership (included servicing, tyres etc.)?

Plus 36 grand for a 3 year old 5 Series from an independent dealer?! No thanks :D
Nothing wrong with buying from prestige dealers from my limited experience. These bloody 5s been holding value more than the F10 it looks haha

Looking at the G30 Saloons there's sweet FA high spec, why no touring? Extra space... think of all that efficiency :D

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo Ah yes, I forget it's an older car now and much cheaper to repair the main concerns. Sounds like it's going to be a nice little beast, going to remap to 207mph?

I aim to pick up an E61 M5 at some point in my life as I wish I got the touring instead of the saloon back in the day and really miss the top end of that beautiful V10.

Enjoy :)

Not sure about mapping it at the moment, not sure I'd notice 15-25HP and I am not gonna attempt or take it to top speed runs, as I'd just take the 458 instead to such events, think I shall leave it as is as removing secondary cats and remapping is probably a grand in cost and the question is would I notice it or is the improvement enough to justify the cost.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Not sure about mapping it at the moment, not sure I'd notice 15-25HP and I am not gonna attempt or take it to top speed runs, as I'd just take the 458 instead to such events, think I shall leave it as is as removing secondary cats and remapping is probably a grand in cost and the question is would I notice it or is the improvement enough to justify the cost.
When I got mine back from the garage I instantly noticed a difference in shifting, it was worth it alone just for that. Also, it was limited to 175mph when I first bought it which became frustrating quite quickly as it had so much more to give.

If it's just a mule then meh, I guess.

Soldato
Highlights my point - all that and it STILL hasnt got a head up display or Driver Assistant Professional, so it lacks adaptive cruise - a feature that has been STANDARD FIT on VW Golfs for about 7 years.

Plus 36 grand for a 3 year old 5 Series from an independent dealer?! No thanks :D

Oh dear looks like you might just have to buy brand new...and spec them yourself.

Never understood the logic, if you want a billion optional extras then someone has to foot the bill. No surprise there isn't loads of 3 series out there with heads up display, adaptive cruise control, upgraded this and that. If it did the car would be what, closer to £60k brand new. Some people buy or finance new cars every few years, you get absolutely no extra money back by loading it up with many optional extras.

Man of Honour
Adaptive Cruise Control is standard fit on a Volkswagen Golf and has been for years. It isn't unreasonable to want it on a BMW 5 Series. It's not like asking for night vision is it?

Associate
The new 4 series grill makes me sad. Everything about the car looks beautiful except that hideous grill. What on earth are those designers smoking?

Back
Top Bottom