Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
New bike picked up last week - ktm 790 adventure r.

What a bike! Absolutely love it. Amazing on the road and jus as good in the mud!

avoDICX.jpg

Annoyingly it has a few faults which should have been picked up during the PDI. Rear brake light sensor is broken so the light is always on. The ignition barrel is notchy and needs a few twists sometimes to turn it on. There’s some condensation in the screen. Pretty poor show from the dealer but at least they’re fixing it.

Soldato
New bike picked up last week - ktm 790 adventure r.

What a bike! Absolutely love it. Amazing on the road and jus as good in the mud!

avoDICX.jpg

Annoyingly it has a few faults which should have been picked up during the PDI. Rear brake light sensor is broken so the light is always on. The ignition barrel is notchy and needs a few twists sometimes to turn it on. There’s some condensation in the screen. Pretty poor show from the dealer but at least they’re fixing it.

What's this, someone with a brand new KTM that has issues, now where have I heard that before......

Tea Drinker
Don
Been quite enjoying Zack doing his Daily Rider series and although this one isn't something you'd actually daily ride, it's good fun to hear it and interesting to hear about the bike if you know little about them. :)

MEDIA]

I gotta stop farting around with projects and ride mine. The LC hasn’t moved since I started it up after the rebuild and the R1 needs a full carb strip and clean.

ydccIBM.jpg

Man of Honour
It's a shame because they make some great bikes, they're becoming a bit like the older Italian bikes. Great if you ever get to ride them somewhere other than the dealer.

Caporegime
It just boggles my mind tbh, I recall being a wee lad in Saffrica where KTMs were generally regarded as the best off-road MX bikes money could buy (well, them and Kawasaki). I never thought they'd screw up their on-road stuff this badly, you can't discuss KTM anywhere without their poor reliability constantly coming up. Maybe they need to get the Japanese involved to help with their tech side of things as they've certainly got the engines and chassis nailed down to a T.

Associate
Well my KTM 'story' has come to an end. I won't go into detail, but let's say it's almost certainly my first and last KTM.

Decided i wanted somesimilar to the MT10 i had before, but with a normal 4 cylinder engine. So....next tuesday i'm collecting a GSXS1000, in white. '69' with just 1k miles.

I'll add some pictures once i have it and the weather lets me get out on it. :)

Soldato
Well my KTM 'story' has come to an end. I won't go into detail, but let's say it's almost certainly my first and last KTM.

Decided i wanted somesimilar to the MT10 i had before, but with a normal 4 cylinder engine. So....next tuesday i'm collecting a GSXS1000, in white. '69' with just 1k miles.

I'll add some pictures once i have it and the weather lets me get out on it. :)
Nice, I’ve had one and enjoyed it very much. :)

You'll love it, very good bikes. :)

43234240004_60123422da_oh.jpg

OWeAvdrh.jpg

Associate
I’m sure you’ll love it. :)

What extras does it have?

From what i've seen, it's completely standard.

Been looking at exhausts, i like the Arrow pro-race, however i'm struggling to understand the mounting points.

7Qp8DxUl.png.jpg

but when i look on ebay ads, they show a bracket half way down the can....
MwLV2Afl.jpg

Now i wouldn't mind too much, but i plan on removing the rear footrests.

All the part numbers match up in the ads, but as they're coming direct from italy it could be quite some time sending back and reordering if it's wrong.

Associate
Yeah i've seen the bracket, but i wanted the cleaner look of nothing.

The top picture shows they mount to the back of the rearsets, which is perfect. Think i'll have to message sellers and see what they say.....also better brush up on my italian haha

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom