• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
But we still know nothing about the cards... :)

Well at least they must be being manufactured and they need to get them out of the doors before the consoles hit to maximise sales. Hopefully non of this paper launch malarky.

I'm up for a new card since still don't know what the PS5/XBSX launch lineup will be.

Associate
It's difficult to know what to expect right now. Like you say, until we see benchmarks from a few sources, all we have is rumours and speculation.

Even after the announcement we won't know much more beyond Jensen's marketing blurb and we know how misleading he can be with his numbers.

At the end of the day, even if AMD don't 'win' with outright performance, so long as they have made progress and narrowed the gap, I'll be happy (pricing aside).

Note: Yes I did miss that bit, probably because it wasn't in the first sentence :p
Pricing is key whichever way you cut it, stagnation for two generations won't exactly grow the market for overpriced GPUs. The rest of the World already thinks PC gamers like myself are struggling mentally with this over priced hobby. My spending so much money on tiny incremental image quality gains means most of my friends think I've lost the plot with my expenditure. They're right...

Soldato
Pricing is key whichever way you cut it, stagnation for two generations won't exactly grow the market for overpriced GPUs. The rest of the World already thinks PC gamers like myself are struggling mentally with this over priced hobby. My spending so much money on tiny incremental image quality gains means most of my friends think I've lost the plot with my expenditure. They're right...

I honestly think 1080p 60hz+ and mouse and keyboard support in major fps games on consoles and the PC market for games could shrink substantially.

Soldato
The problem with current gen consoles is that even though you could use kb/mouse there was an imposed limitation that hampered it via input latency, sensitivity, etc. With this new gen of consoles those limitations are removed with enhanced lower input latency to boot. It's essentially plug and play without the need of a cronous, xim, etc. It's going to be challenging for PC players in those cross platform lobbies if their PC isn't equipped to handle lower latencies.

Caporegime
Ooof https://youtu.be/1kK6CBJdmug?t=347 GN burning up them fanboys :D

AMD fanboys lazy and over sensitive according to Steve :o

Steve is an arse. Not an idiot, an arse.
The AMD are soomther comes from the original Ryzen days where AMD were up against intel's ageing 4 core CPU's, the reason it came about is because many mainstream reviewers picked up on it and reported it 3 YEARS AGO.
Steve knows this, to pick that up now as if its a fresh claim when no longer relevant is willful ignorance to fabricate a "Steve Burke puts the Internet to rights"
What it is is typical Steve Burke manufactured look at me the genius narcissist snobery.
That was worth the mobile touch screen effort

Soldato
Steve is an arse. Not an idiot, an arse.
The AMD are soomther comes from the original Ryzen days where AMD were up against intel's ageing 4 core CPU's, the reason it came about is because many mainstream reviewers picked up on it and reported it 3 YEARS AGO.
Steve knows this, to pick that up now as if its a fresh claim when no longer relevant is willful ignorance to fabricate a "Steve Burke puts the Internet to rights"
What it is is typical Steve Burke manufactured look at me the genius narcissist snobery.
That was worth the mobile touch screen effort

Personally i hate the way he tested that as it's not true to what people would do. Who is going to be using a 2080ti with these cpu's at med or high setting at 1080p. All that says to me is at these settings Intel new cpu's are better. Try 1440p with Ultra and let me see the graphs as it's more true to what users will do with that kind of setup. It's pretty well known that Intel in gaming have a slight advantage when testing for it at lower settings end resolution. What he tested was in no way an average gaming scenario for the majority with those setups.

Caporegime
I don't trust his intent anymore, you can have accurate graphs and cherry pick to tell a story.
The guy made two rant videos about AMD misleading Ryzen power consumption while ignoring Intel doing exactly the same thing to a much higher degree.
That is blatant omission of the full truth to potray a bais truth.
If the little guy wins your vested interest may suffer, who thinks these guys moving in the circles they do don't have vested interests in Intel, and Intel are really starting to complain about the new reality they now find themselves in with tech journalism

Soldato
Ooof https://youtu.be/1kK6CBJdmug?t=347 GN burning up them fanboys :D

AMD fanboys lazy and over sensitive according to Steve :o
He certainly does. At 19:20 he even considers the 10600 the 10900k. Then continues to reference the 10600 as the 10900k showing 10600 results. Steve knows how to lay them fanboys out.
Personally, I think if we are going to use inception we must go deeper. Calling the 10600 $500 cpu and the 3700 a 3900XT is simply not enough. Cue the parody: "You're waiting for a train. A train (of thought) that will take you far away. You know where you hope the train will take you, but you can't know for sure."

I don't trust his intent anymore, you can have accurate graphs and cherry pick to tell a story.
The guy made two rant videos about AMD misleading Ryzen power consumption while ignoring Intel doing exactly the same thing to a much higher degree.
That is blatant omission of the full truth to potray a bais truth.
If the little guy wins your vested interest may suffer, who thinks these guys moving in the circles they do don't have vested interests in Intel, and Intel are really starting to complain about the new reality they now find themselves in with tech journalism
Steve has been accused of being on Nvidia's payroll. And was informed by MLID that when you look at his "product placement" in the background he has "RTX" but no Radeon. Even though he uses Ryzen.

Personally, I believe the rumor. As those who are on the payroll cannot in anyway shape or form advertise Radeon. Furthermore, it's said that he is set to trash RDNA2.

Last edited:
Associate
I have started to think he has no enthusiasm in the videos, maybe he needs to work on the monotonous tone and slow down the vocal speed. I dont mind him but that sounds like hes like jayz2cents that seems to go out of his way to stain AMD where possible.

I stopped watching his videos a while back. It's not just the droning voice, his whole presentation puts me off... I keep him subbed but the sensationalist thumbnails are really starting to grate so probably time to unsub.. again:p

Man of Honour
Steve has been accused of being on Nvidia's payroll. And was informed by MLID that when you look at his "product placement" in the background he has "RTX" but no Radeon. Even though he uses Ryzen.

Personally, I believe the rumor. As those who are on the payroll cannot in anyway shape or form advertise Radeon. Furthermore, it's said that he is set to trash RDNA2.

Old setup:

yi8t9W2.png

New setup:
ZhY9ngF.jpg

Yeah definitely no Radeon there...

To be fair latest layout has no obvious Radeon branding but it is too early to draw any assumption from that yet. The rest is just fanboy frothing which is quite boring.

I can believe he is paid to keep nVidia branding more prominent though he denies that but there certainly isn't a lack of AMD branding on show in the background of his videos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom