This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consigliere
Ha cheers i did look on Google street view buuuut wanted to see the latest version eg more outdoor space.

Central is lovely when the roads are shut! Just popped down to book Japes.

Caporegime
My PC 8 years ago when it was first built, and today.

IykVcpd.png

NCKaXDO.png

GPU's upgraded numerous times, and a better sound card installed.

Only other changes to hardware are the AIO cooler (the H100 started leaking a few months ago) and replacement fans due to dead bearings.

HDD's moved to allow better airflow over the GPU's, a bit of cardboard in the drive bays holding an additional intake fan in position.

The main thing I noticed though was that my LED lighting actually used to be quite bright, whereas now you can barely tell it is on, even at night.

The plastics in the case are also very brittle now, and will snap if you try and flex them at all. (Including clips and other things that are meant to be flexed) and the inbuilt fan controller has completely died.

It is on almost 24/7, only switched off when the power has to be turned off, and when dusting or upgrading it. I figured out that it has roughly 68,000 hours of up-time. Over half of those 68,000 hours have been at a significant load percentage, either gaming, folding, or mining.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Man I love Parks and Recreation. It was a bit slow to get going but once it did it was great, Just a good pace, with the right amount of stupidity and japes for easy watching. Nearing the end of S4 now and it is really cheering me up. So much better than most generic (and largely terrible) American "comedy" television.

Soldato
I feel like I would have slept all through last night had it not been for someone FB messaging me at 4am this morning :rolleyes: (must remember to keep do not disturb on)

Still, at least I'm off today and tomorrow :) my mum has just told me that she found one of her budgies dead this morning :( poor thing. I think he was only a few years old. He certainly liked his food though !

Soldato
Man I love Parks and Recreation. It was a bit slow to get going but once it did it was great, Just a good pace, with the right amount of stupidity and japes for easy watching. Nearing the end of S4 now and it is really cheering me up. So much better than most generic (and largely terrible) American "comedy" television.

I've tried a few times but never really quite got on with it. I feel i want to persevere though.

Same thing with Party Down.

Soldato
Accidentally had an 2.5 hour nap earlier, I don't feel refreshed from it though I still feel tired and I'm starting to get irritable :o probably should eat something

It's also most likely down to the fact that since I've woken (which was 90 mins ago) my mum has been texting me constantly about some JML cooler unit thing. She has 3 other children but it's always me doing stuff for her :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Accidentally had an 2.5 hour nap earlier, I don't feel refreshed from it though I still feel tired and I'm starting to get irritable :o probably should eat something

It's also most likely down to the fact that since I've woken (which was 90 mins ago) my mum has been texting me constantly about some JML cooler unit thing. She has 3 other children but it's always me doing stuff for her :rolleyes:

I went to sleep at 6AM because thats when it started to get a bit cooler, woke up about an hour ago, have had a crisp sandwich and ice cream for breakfast. (yes really) :p

Caporegime

Got a friend in the same situation to you. I find it so frustrating for her. She does everything for her mum and yet it's always the other ones getting the praise.

Soldato
Got a friend in the same situation to you. I find it so frustrating for her. She does everything for her mum and yet it's always the other ones getting the praise.
Sounds about right. I joke that my brother is the favourite child (cos he is) but I'm the favourite daughter.

At least I now have my own place so I can escape it a little. It doesn't help that I'm in an irritable mood right now but I get so fed up sometimes, I want to live my life for me and not have to keep spending my weekends helping her sort the house etc. Even tried asking my sisters for help sorting through my dad's things maybe a year after he passed. Had no acknowledgement from either of them. No point asking my brother, unless he's getting money out of it he doesn't want to know.

Caporegime
Sounds about right. I joke that my brother is the favourite child (cos he is) but I'm the favourite daughter.

At least I now have my own place so I can escape it a little. It doesn't help that I'm in an irritable mood right now but I get so fed up sometimes, I want to live my life for me and not have to keep spending my weekends helping her sort the house etc. Even tried asking my sisters for help sorting through my dad's things maybe a year after he passed. Had no acknowledgement from either of them. No point asking my brother, unless he's getting money out of it he doesn't want to know.

Yeah, that's her situation to a T. It's horrible and I sympathise as no matter what you do, someone will always make you out to be the bad person unless, as you say, you give up your life to help her.
I've tried for years to get my friend to be stronger but alas she's stuck. It got worse when her mum got ill.

Soldato
Yeah, that's her situation to a T. It's horrible and I sympathise as no matter what you do, someone will always make you out to be the bad person unless, as you say, you give up your life to help her.
I've tried for years to get my friend to be stronger but alas she's stuck. It got worse when her mum got ill.
Yeah it's tough. In the past my mum has really let me down and I mean serious stuff too i.e. when I was living with an ex and he was getting aggressive towards me i called her as I couldn't drive at the time. He had been violent in the past which ok I didn't tell her but I called her saying I was scared. She came over but he spun her his charm and despite me crying my eyes out begging her not to leave without me she left. Same as when I told her weeks later that he had threatened me with a knife. I pretty much got an " oh well" sort of response

I regularly sit and ask myself why do I still do so much for her but at the end of the day it's because she's still my mum. And if I don't help her who will? The house needs some serious repair work and my dad worked his backside off to make it a home. up until his cancer diagnosis he was still getting up on the roof and fixing things etc at the age of 80. So I'm partly doing it for him too I guess.

I just want a break really and some help. I keep asking for it but no one is willing :/

Now to add to things we have my uncle's flat to sort after he passed last year and my god did he hoard some rubbish :rolleyes: again, all on me to help isn't it. My brother was happy taking a pay out from my uncle when he was alive (for doing nothing) now my mum is most likely giving him a hand out too

Ughh I need some chocolate or something :p

Caporegime
@Acme - clean your case man.

It is on 24/7.

I clean the filters out every week, I clean the heatsinks and radiator out when temps start to look a little toasty (every few months), and I give it a full dusting out with compressed air when I upgrade GPU's or something (every few years)

At this stage in its life it is a tool not an ornament. I work it hard and I maintain it, I don't polish it and sit there staring at it. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom