It's too hot :(

Soldato
Not a jot, rain has been on the forecast for the last 18 hours and it has all missed us. Cardiff to the East and Swansea to the West have both had decent rain over the last few days but competely bypassed us. Shame house could do with some rain to cool it down, thick stone walls, slow to hear slow to cool.

Capodecina
Soldato
Definitely a little cooler and more comfortable this morning, I only need two fans so far. Expecting a high of 'only' 27C today, which feels generous compared to the last few days.

Soldato
I'm disappointed we haven't had any of this thunderstorm so far. We've had some flashes every so often coming from the far distance, maybe the odd very low rumble of thunder, but nothing has actually arrived overhead.

Please send us whatever you lot are getting :p

Associate
From my Facebook feed and amused me :)

With highs of 33° expected AGAIN today, it's time to ask "could the government have done more?" Downing Street knew about this heatwave weeks ago and have done nothing. Shipments of 400,000 pairs of Speedos and 500,000 bikinis, sun cream and Cornettos have reportedly been sent back as unsafe after media claims the shipment was quarantined a month ago and Boris did nothing.
Karen from Chavington said, "We just don't know if it's safe to go outside and sunbathe because we can't function or think for ourselves. Boris hasn't told us either way and all my obese kids need ice cream and sweets, the Hubby can't get out to rob anyone so we're out of lager and weed, I blame the government entirely"
Meanwhile, anti- heat protesters dressed in thick jumpers chanting "cold lives matter" have marched on London, Big Ben has been removed and a giant Mint Feast put in its place by protesters.
The BBC reported earlier, 'clearly the sun has come out and Downing street have done nothing to prevent it.'
A second heat Wave is expected to hit the UK in 4 weeks time .

Soldato
Well it was certainly fresher when I finally surfaced an hour ago, presumeably from some overnight rain? I wasn't woken by any thunder overnight. But the temp is rapidly rising (was ~23C at 1000), now back up to 29/30C and Mystic Meg Wunderground/ Met office are bigging up rain and thunder from just after 1400.

Associate
Currently raining in Cheltenham and has been for about an hour, could have done with it last night, but not complaining as anything is better than nothing. Current temperature is 23C which is fine, better than the additional 10C we had on top of that the last two days.

The last two nights I've checked the temperature in the house just before going to bed it has been a minimum of 28C inside and by morning despite having windows open the bedroom temperature had only dropped to 26C. Looking forward to having a better night's sleep tonight (possibly).

Had some lightning and rumbles of thunder last night, but nothing to write home about. You normally see lightning making its way up the River Severn and striking the Severn Bridge occasionally in the process as it heads towards Gloucester, etc., but it seemed to be hanging around towards the east this time.

Soldato
Il pleut! :eek:

Well, super-fine drizzling.

Edit: Well that drizzle didn't last long and no thunder so far, it's all headed towards Bournemouth and got more intense in patches, that might well be it now until maybe around 1900. :(

Edit2: Thunder! :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally, relief! The heat is gone! Feels like a great stifling Tog 12+ Duvet has been lifted from our collective heads. Not a drop of rain but nothing unusual about that.

Massive storm cloud heading across the channel now, annoyingly the wind is blowing west/north west so it could potentially miss London.

Southampton looks like it's going to get a decent show.

QwvL9t0.jpg.png

Was watching that on the weather radar yesterday despite the storms over northern france as soon as they drift into the channel they all dissipate presumably because there are no thermals to power them and inspite of the fact that the other side of the channel is the very definition of scorched earth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom