• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
i see 6 amd items on the shelves etc in the 2nd pic.

2 radeon boxes on the 2nd from top shelf on the left, along with a bare amd card i think the silver thing with a single fan in centre. A amd ryzen wooden board thing top shelf on the end. A ryzen cpu box on the lower shelf. A amd branded art thing next to a nvidia one on the right side of the pic near the desk stuck to the wall.

Tho tbh who cares whats on display its his room he can have whatever he likes on the walls etc, most ppl tune in to hear what he has to say not look at the decorations.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
i see 4 amd items on the shelves in the 2nd pic.

The claim is lack of Radeon branding - as a long term viewer though these things stick out:

The layout gets changed around a fair bit
Though GeForce and now RTX branding has generally been suspiciously prominent there hasn't been a lack of AMD both CPU and GPU hardware/branding on display in general
He is generally grumpy with just about everyone - but for some reason the fanboys only see where he is grumpy about their brand - for instance you don't have to go far back to find videos where he doesn't recommend buying Intel, etc.

Soldato
Ooof https://youtu.be/1kK6CBJdmug?t=347 GN burning up them fanboys :D

AMD fanboys lazy and over sensitive according to Steve :o
Old setup:
yi8t9W2.png

New setup:
ZhY9ngF.jpg
Yeah definitely no Radeon there...

To be fair latest layout has no obvious Radeon branding but it is too early to draw any assumption from that yet. The rest is just fanboy frothing which is quite boring.

I can believe he is paid to keep nVidia branding more prominent though he denies that but there certainly isn't a lack of AMD branding on show in the background of his videos.

Very specious of you to use a video for a 2060 review a while back. When we can look at the video you posted earlier in this thread were you state "GN burning up them fanboys". But to address it I do see (and know) he's temporarily placed a Vega box.

But lets focus on the video you posted in this thread shall we? The pic above clearly shows that he's removed said Vega box. Making any point you were implying moot.

To be fair using the term "burning up the fanboys" while having no clear Radeon product placement is something called symbolism. Which clearly demonstrates he is not neutral. We don't need a case study to see that.

One of the down falls of this strawman is that I actually watched the video. If you skip ahead to 19:50 you can see that he completely botches his "analysis" by referencing 10900k and the 3900xt for 10600 and 3600x. And to further add he botches it again at the 19:00 mark in which he attempts to "correct" it his comment to the video.

The point I'm making, Roff, is that while you attempt to antagonize the Radeon community in this thread you used a poor example to exemplify how you feel. Using a video full of botched, mislabeled, misspoken errors in an attempt to exemplify the video as "burn up them fanboys" which comes of as amateurish, lacks depth, and shows a lack of maturity and experience in his writing and video editing. Which, to me, is very ironic of the "cause". Like the saying goes, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. But I digress. :cool:

Personally, I don't understand why a completely confusing, error ridden CPU vlog has anything to do with RDNA 2. Nor do I, and others, understand why you posted that here other then, again, to antagonize the community.

Be that as it may, although this is completely off topic, I wanted to take this opportunity to explain why I see him as a bias source if he is able to get a sample of RDNA 2 for review.

Having said that, lets get back to RDNA 2 :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Very specious of you to use a video for a 2060 review a while back. When we can look at the video you posted earlier in this thread were you state "GN burning up them fanboys". But to address it I do see (and know) he's temporarily placed a Vega box.

The Vega box (amongst others) has been there on and off both before the accusations and after and at random points in the past as well.

But lets focus on the video you posted in this thread shall we? The pic above clearly shows that he's removed said Vega box. Making any point you were implying moot.

If you actually watch him regularly you know the display isn't static so trying to draw conclusions from what the current setup is is a huge assumption at best and as I've shown he has frequently had products from all brands on display.

One of the down falls of this strawman is that I actually watched the video. If you skip ahead to 19:50 you can see that he completely botches his "analysis" by referencing 10900k and the 3900xt for 10600 and 3600x. And to further add he botches it again at the 19:00 mark in which he attempts to "correct" it his comment to the video.

I wasn't posting the video on that point - I was posting it because I found his take on AMD fanboys rather on point and he does back it up by showing the variety of takes he has on different brands which seems to be missed by the selective filter of people on various different sides of the fence.

Personally I think he is somewhat nVidia bias and maybe, despite denials, even pushing nVidia prominently intentionally - what I'm posting about is those that try to discredit anything he says on the basis of sometimes saying bad things about their favourite brand and somehow managing to ignore just how often he is also negative about the competitor brand and vice versa is positive and so on. Pointing out bias is one thing but blinkered fanboy discrediting just because you/they don't like he sometimes says negative things about your brand is another.

The point I'm making, Roff, is that while you attempt to antagonize the Radeon community in this thread you used a poor example to exemplify how you feel. Using a video full of botched, mislabeled, misspoken errors in an attempt to exemplify the video as "burn up them fanboys" which comes of as amateurish, lacks depth, and shows a lack of maturity and experience in his writing and video editing. Which is, to me, very ironic. Like the saying goes, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. But I digress.

I have no intention of antagonising the Radeon community - I rarely even bother posting in the AMD threads in this section - but there are times I like to interject some balance. If the Radeon community is getting enraged about what I say they probably should take a long hard look at themselves. If you look at my own post I quoted when I linked to the video and the post that was response to plus that I linked to a specific timestamp you'll understand the reason I posted the video and why I'm referring to a subsection of the video rather than the article itself - so those aspects are irrelevant - a lot like many other points you try and bring up to deflect.

Be that as it may, although this is completely off topic, I wanted to take this opportunity to explain why I see him as a bias source if he is able to get a sample of RDNA 2 for review.

You might be better off waiting until he has RDNA2 and see what he has to says.

Soldato
The Vega box (amongst others) has been there on and off both before the accusations and after and at random points in the past as well.
Not relevant based on the video you posted. Again, it moot.

If you actually watch him regularly you know the display isn't static so trying to draw conclusions from what the current setup is is a huge assumption at best and as I've shown he has frequently had products from all brands on display.
That is simple a fallacy. LOL. I do not need to watch other videos to know that in this video, in which you are champion in this thread, the intent of what he was trying to delivered. Even if I watched other videos it would have no relation to this video. Making this yet again moot. I can watch a video and formulate my own view and opinion of it in the context that you posted in this thread for. Which is the most important part. ;)

I wasn't posting the video on that point - I was posting it because I found his take on AMD fanboys rather on point and he does back it up by showing the variety of takes he has on different brands which seems to be missed by the selective filter of people on various different sides of the fence.
Ah, but I am. But if you really think about it you’re doing exactly what you’re blaming those who prefer AMD of doing. Through select bias ignoring the bigger picture. The video was poorly written and executed. However, you are willing to ignore that simply because he said something that you personally have feelings towards. A distain for those who like AMD. There’s an old saying when you point your finger at someone there’s three more pointing right back at you.

You do realize that because you agree with him doesn’t mean it’s fact In your attempt to related to this thread.
:D

I have no intention of antagonising the Radeon community - I rarely even bother posting in the AMD threads in this section - but there are times I like to interject some balance. If the Radeon community is getting enraged about what I say they probably should take a long hard look at themselves. If you look at my own post I quoted when I linked to the video and the post that was response to plus that I linked to a specific timestamp you'll understand the reason I posted the video and why I'm referring to a subsection of the video rather than the article itself - so those aspects are irrelevant - a lot like many other points you try and bring up to deflect.
Your prior post regarding the video and your quotation of fanboys disagrees with you. It’s like having an argument with yourself. ‘No I’m not, yes I am...’ :D

I fail to see your point of view though. This is an AMD thread speculating RDNA 2. Perhaps you’ve been having a bad day, a bad week, or a bad year. But I think that you’re projecting something that doesn’t really exist (nor agree with) in the context you are implying.

And if you truly believe that they do exist you cannot control them or dictate how they should think feel or show their allegiance to. However, it does clearly demonstrate that you are accusing others of what you are actually doing. The irony is not lost here.:cool:

You might be better off waiting until he has RDNA2 and see what he has to says.
Thank you but I’ll pass. There are others that I’ve come to trust.:p

Now can we get back to how AMD drivers suck?:confused:

Man of Honour

All that is wrong is the infographic put in editing - he links to the correct one https://imgur.com/a/ZGrGJBu - you can't really go bleating about the whole video being botched on the basis of that.

(The only mistake is in the presentation of that section - you can view both the graphs in the video and the linked one in the correct context and it doesn't change the story it is just a mess up in presentation).

That is simple a fallacy. LOL. I do not need to watch other videos to know that in this video, in which you are champion in this thread, the intent of what he was trying to delivered. Even if I watched other videos it would have no relation to this video. Making this yet again moot. I can watch a video and formulate my own view and opinion of it in the context that you posted in this thread for. Which is the most important part.

I'm not saying you should watch his other videos in context of the video I linked to - I said that in context to your claims about the background products - not sure how you can't even get simple things like that right.

Not relevant based on the video you posted. Again, it moot.

You are the one that started complaining about his product placement.

The video was poorly written and executed.

There is one mistake in it which doesn't invalidate the rest - and is a simple misplacement of the correct graph.

I fail to see your point of view though. This is an AMD thread speculating RDNA 2. Perhaps you’ve been having a bad day, a bad week, or a bad year. But I think that you’re projecting something that doesn’t really exist (nor agree with) in the context you are implying.

Not sure what you are even saying here - I posted something in passing, that was related to an earlier part of the thread, that somehow seems to have triggered you - if the hat doesn't fit you don't need to get irritated by it.

And if you truly believe that they do exist you cannot control them or dictate how they should think feel or show their allegiance to. However, it does clearly demonstrate that you are accusing others of what you are actually doing. The irony is not lost here.

You are the one here that is trying to blow a simple presentation error into something bigger to try and discredit something you don't like...

Last edited:
Associate
Some people really need to take a step back and realize none of the companies are their friends. I’m not sure why but this seems to mostly happen to ‘AMD’ fanatics ? (Note: not fans but fanatics). They identify themselves with the ‘losing’ company, the underdog, hoping that it can succeed for what? Hoping that means they can succeed as well? Sure you can, but that company has nothing to do with your own ability to succeed.

i mean, it’s your money. Just buy whatever suits you best. Stop defending companies, they dont give a crap about anyone else other than investors / money. You are a number to them.

So funny seeing random people always making up excuses for them and making up stories about the competition. What do you gain from that? Both companies will always do bad things, again they dont care. If AMD would have been in NVs position they’d do the same. You’re simply asking for roles to be reversed.. so that you can win some forums wars? You’ll end up in the same position, where the other company will have more expensive products... in time you’ll get frustrated again that you can’t ‘easily’ afford them and start the process again but ... reversed.

‘Fun’?

Caporegime
Has there been any leaks or rumours as to the specs of Navi 23?

There is a lack of real info, as soon as there is some this thread will light up with it.

Back to Steve Burke, sorry.
I don't think he is paid by Nvidia, or Intel.
I do think he has his own vested interests there, shares probably, in the last few weeks AMD shares are up 40% while Intel are down 30%, Steve reported on that and there was definitely a disbelief in his Manor, AMD are at about $90 with Intel now under $50, AMD $100bn market cap, Intel $200bn.
People are starting to think AMD's rise is for real and its at the expense of Intel, these days everything AMD touch turns to gold while Intel just can't seem to get anything right. And there's a genuine fear AMD are coming for Nvidia now.

Soldato
Some people really need to take a step back and realize none of the companies are their friends. *snipped*
Very true indeed, that said, the consumer should not IMHO use that as an excuse to throw caution to the wind. If you reward anti-consumer practices with your money you can bet the house that the same company will do it again and perhaps even worse the next time. If you pay for a luxury item that's overpriced because only one company makes it and then get mad when the price is even higher the next time around, you as a buyer only have yourself to blame and not all the companies that didn't put out a competing product. This is not about Nvidia btw but any company really. We all have different lines in the sand we don't want to cross and that is fine. What bugs me a lot is those who complain about something saying they won't support it and then support it afterward.

Caporegime
I dont disagree but he seems to be heavily in with EVGA and they are NV only

I quite like his channel FYI

They pay for sponsored content, all 3 of them did some silly competition thing a couple days ago on youtube and it was sponsored by Intel, AIB partners pay for hotel and travel at events and so on.
The likes of EVGA make a lot of money from Nvidia, as they did with Intel up until recently.
If AMD win JayZ2Cents isn't going to be able to use EVGA cards for all his content builds and CPU reviews, suddenly they are not the best thing on earth any more and be that as it may why should EVGA have this relationship with him?
Imagine AMD become the fastest and thier partners are not willing to have the same sort of relationship with them, suddenly AMD's success becomes a threat.

Soldato
They pay for sponsored content, all 3 of them did some silly competition thing a couple days ago on youtube and it was sponsored by Intel, AIB partners pay for hotel and travel at events and so on.
The likes of EVGA make a lot of money from Nvidia, as they did with Intel up until recently.
If AMD win JayZ2Cents isn't going to be able to use EVGA cards for all his content builds and CPU reviews, suddenly they are not the best thing on earth any more and be that as it may why should EVGA have this relationship with him?
Imagine AMD become the fastest and thier partners are not willing to have the same sort of relationship with them, suddenly AMD's success becomes a threat.

The problem is you can always find a narrative where someone looks biased towards the opposition. I'm not saying that he is or isn't. My point is that even if they walk off slightly from the fine line of balance it will be difficult to say for sure. There are also those who take any sort of criticism about a brand as a clear indication that they are a fanboy of the competitor which is just mindblowing stupid IMHO.

Caporegime
The problem is you can always find a narrative where someone looks biased towards the opposition. I'm not saying that he is or isn't. My point is that even if they walk off slightly from the fine line of balance it will be difficult to say for sure. There are also those who take any sort of criticism about a brand as a clear indication that they are a fanboy of the competitor which is just mindblowing stupid IMHO.
When you make two rant videos about AMD's higher than rated TDP power consumption, 120 Watts for 105 TDP or 85 Watts for 65 TDP while not even ignoring Intel's 190 Watts for 95 watt TDP but trying to say this is right because you don't understand PL states is ridiculous, both AMD and Intel use exactly the same boost PL states only Intel use a far more exaggerated boost difference.
That is a clear and obvious bias.

Last edited:
Soldato
edit. not worth the time wasted.
I read your original comment, you kids should really stop throwing the word "toxic" around with so reckless abandon.

And as for evidence that you claim is never there, all you literally need to do is watch some of GN's videos. It's plain as day. Discussing wall decorations and the prominence of brand-specific packaging is a subjective matter, but what is not subjective is contradiction and hypocrisy. The TDP discussion cited above is just one example.

And before you start on the inevitable "but the burden of proof is on you" tripe which is equally-toxic posters throw around, I'm not going to spoon feed you, largely because you wouldn't care anyway.

Caporegime
Agreed it is toxic but its not one sided, toxic fan boys exist everywhere and if you whatch some of these journalists like Steve Burke you would think only AMD have them.
Some of the criticism people lay on Steve Burke are justified.
With modern Internet dialog some people like to slander genuine critics as a way to discredit that criticism and the fact Steve Burke targets so called AMD fan boys almost like its a channel theme speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Associate
I read your original comment, you kids should really stop throwing the word "toxic" around with so reckless abandon.

And as for evidence that you claim is never there, all you literally need to do is watch some of GN's videos. It's plain as day. Discussing wall decorations and the prominence of brand-specific packaging is a subjective matter, but what is not subjective is contradiction and hypocrisy. The TDP discussion cited above is just one example.

And before you start on the inevitable "but the burden of proof is on you" tripe which is equally-toxic posters throw around, I'm not going to spoon feed you, largely because you wouldn't care anyway.

This TDP repeated confusion on here could easily be cleared up if less time was spent spamming and more time learning. People here seem to genuinely struggle the difference between Intel's spec, recommendations and board manufacturers adherence. You can look through my post history as there's a number of applicable links I've posted that go through these in details. I'm not going to spoon feed people's laziness so they will have show initiative on your own. Google works just as well. I hope they will and this can be put to bed.

As for spoon feeding me, I'm 100% open to learning and where possible, I do extensive testing, document findings and correlate with others. As an example, I only recently learned about TXP and PPD and then spent a good couple of week learning its impact and its limitations. That is a textbook example of tangibly useful information that was shared with me along with testing details that demonstrates thoughtfulness and delivers the burden of proof. Unfortunately, nothing you posted that I've come across contains any substance including the lack of any independent test data conducted by you. I'm sure it exists but I stopped scanning after the first couple of hundred posts.

Caporegime
This TDP repeated confusion on here could easily be cleared up if less time was spent spamming and more time learning. People here seem to genuinely struggle the difference between Intel's spec, recommendations and board manufacturers adherence. You can look through my post history as there's a number of applicable links I've posted that go through these in details. I'm not going to spoon feed people's laziness so they will have show initiative on your own. Google works just as well. I hope they will and this can be put to bed.

As for spoon feeding me, I'm 100% open to learning and where possible, I do extensive testing, document findings and correlate with others. As an example, I only recently learned about TXP and PPD and then spent a good couple of week learning its impact and its limitations. That is a textbook example of tangibly useful information that was shared with me along with testing details that demonstrates thoughtfulness and delivers the burden of proof. Unfortunately, nothing you posted that I've come across contains any substance including the lack of any independent test data conducted by you. I'm sure it exists but I stopped scanning after the first couple of hundred posts.

Why not it's really simple, 3700X 65 watt TDP at 3.6Ghz, 9900K 95 watt TDP at 3.6Ghz, at those clocks they both use TDP levels of power, anything above that is power level (PL) boosting.
partners are instructed to use minimum TDP cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom