• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Caporegime
Seems a little high for idle although it does depend on your case and room. Is that pre/post/during gaming?

Yesterday I changed the thermal paste on mine and currently idling between 33-36'C in a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M.

Sorry should have said, so the columns going from left to right are current, min, max, average temps, this will be with all usage i.e. idle and gaming.

Case is fractal meshify c and the room is pretty toasty last few days tbf.

Associate
With default fan settings, it won't go above 50% fan speed (around 2k RPM) which is fine for stock power limit but with +50% things will get toasty pretty quick.

Associate
Have many of you water cooled your Vegas? I have an Asus Strix (yes I know) vega 56 which I've repasted and also changed thermal pads on. It's undervolted and not overclocked, which runs fine if warmer than most.

I had an issue with a recent game which was easily fixed but the temps on the card went up a lot and its got me itchy about cooling etc again.

I'm tempted to buy an alphacool eiswolf. I game at 1080p 60hz currently but I'm also tempted to go 1440p 144hz. Rather than change card, would the alphacool allow this at a better £ per frame cost?

Also, thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, especially those with their custom profiles etc.
I was too impatient with my build which is why I got an Asus card and not a red dragon or sapphire.

Associate
Used Vega 56 Strix sells on eBay for somewhere around the £200 mark.
Quick Google suggests an Eiswolf is about £160 or so.

So effective "cost" of £360.

Sticking to AMD, a Sapphire Nitro 5700XT is "only" £70 more...

Associate
Used Vega 56 Strix sells on eBay for somewhere around the £200 mark.
Quick Google suggests an Eiswolf is about £160 or so.

So effective "cost" of £360.

Sticking to AMD, a Sapphire Nitro 5700XT is "only" £70 more...
Interesting way of looking at it. Guess you'd have to weigh up the FPS uplift to 1440p at 144HZ for the extra £70 and hassle of selling a cracked open Vega 56 :D

Soldato
I'm tempted to buy an alphacool eiswolf. I game at 1080p 60hz currently but I'm also tempted to go 1440p 144hz. Rather than change card, would the alphacool allow this at a better £ per frame cost?

That product has problematic QA and the performance it would allow extra is minimal. 100% do not spend any money on the Vega card outside of thermal paste & vrm pads. NOT worth it.

Soldato
I recently undervolted my Vega 56 and didn't think there was much of a difference, I've since realised that my fan settings are set to silent so will need to see what like when ramping up the fans. It seems to be sitting around 69-70 deg playing warzone with the fans set the way they are.

Associate
What RAM does it have?

knn.png

Soldato
I did it on my old 56 reference, was well worth the effort a which tbh wasn't a lot!

As long as you have dual BIOS on the card it's safe to do and the increases you see because of the raised voltage HBM are pretty impressive.

I undervolted the core and overclocked the HBM, Card ran great and cool

Only big important things are:
1. backup your original BIOS first
2. make sure you use the BIOS from EXACTLY the same brand / model of 64 that your 56 is.

There is a full library of BIOS files here -
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Back
Top Bottom