Lanzarote or Cyprus

Soldato
Got back from 2 weeks in Tenerife last week. Was the perfect time to go abroad imho, hotel complex was highly rated and at low capacity, so felt exclusive.

Impeccably clean and much lower covid concerns than the UK. That said the public beaches looked more concerning.

My 6 year old wore her mask for the 4.5 hour flight, as did the rest of the family.

Glad I went as i inagine its normally like Blackpool with sun

Soldato
Got back from 2 weeks in Tenerife last week. Was the perfect time to go abroad imho, hotel complex was highly rated and at low capacity, so felt exclusive.

Impeccably clean and much lower covid concerns than the UK. That said the public beaches looked more concerning.

My 6 year old wore her mask for the 4.5 hour flight, as did the rest of the family.

Don't you need to isolate at home for 14 days now?

Soldato
Having been to both places, I would recommend Cyprus. I went in mid October and the weather was still fantastic, so don't worry about that. The South East of Cyprus (Protaras / Ayia Napa) has some of the best beaches in Europe and by that time of the year they are virtually empty (maybe actually empty given Covid) so you get them to yourself. The only downside was that the food was very average.

Lanzarote is OK. The beaches aren't as pretty and are quite windy.

Whatever you go with just make sure you book flexible flights and hotels. At any moment they could enforce a local lockdown which would call off your holiday, and wouldn't be covered by travel insurance (except for a few very expensive policies you probably don't have).

Soldato

Where did you stay?

I got back last week from 2 weeks in Puerto De La Cruz.

Wasn’t overly impressed with the hotel as the food let it down as they mostly catered for the Spanish.

Soldato
Where did you stay?

I got back last week from 2 weeks in Puerto De La Cruz.

Wasn’t overly impressed with the hotel as the food let it down as they mostly catered for the Spanish.

Iberostar Bouganville Playa in Costa Adeje. They changed the buffet so it was no longer self service. Food was good with a large and varied choice, handy as there so long, only lacked Spicy options.

Soldato
Going to Cyprus seems like an absolute shambles. According to the FCO website, you need to provide proof of a negative COVID test, taken within the previous 72 hours, on arrival. Really?

Back
Top Bottom