Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
(Interesting autocorrect there for T D S... I've no idea why that's filtered out!)

Probably because no-one in Speakers Corner is mature enough to have a political discussion without every other post turning into a childish argument about 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'.

Soldato
I bought some bolt Hamber auto wheels and I have been absolutely gobsmacked by the results. It’s one of those things where you don’t realise how rubbish something is until you try something good, and the wheel cleaner really is. In fact, I’ve been blown away by all their stuff, for how cheap, good and long lasting it is.

My batch of car cleaning products arrives tomorrow and it includes a bottle of Auto Wheels so when I find time around my 5 week old I'll post some before and after results!

Which type of pads are recommended for hand polishing when using products like Auto Glym SRP / Auto Finesse Tripple? I was looking at Sonax Super Soft Sponge Applicators as they are inexpensive and can pick up a bunch for different tasks e.g applying Car Pro Perl etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
My batch of car cleaning products arrives tomorrow and it includes a bottle of Auto Wheels so when I find time around my 5 week old I'll post some before and after results!

Which type of pads are recommended for hand polishing when using products like Auto Glym SRP / Auto Finesse Tripple? I was looking at Sonax Super Soft Sponge Applicators as they are inexpensive and can pick up a bunch for different tasks e.g applying Car Pro Perl etc.

Yeah anything like that will do the job. The quality of the polish itself is more important from experience. I’ve tried different fabric and sponge applicators and the sponge ones have been great and cheaper and easier to maintain :)

Caporegime
CarPro PERL? I like it for the rubber/plastics on my car.

Just bought this and after using various tyre dressings and Aerospace 303 this product is simply fantastic. Got a couple of bottles in different concentrations and it is super easy to use. The blackness of the tyres is great and it is easily the best I have used on interior plastics. I have three cars so keeping them clean is a task in itself. Products like this are fantastic as they are like a Jack of all trades whilst still being excellent in all categories.

Soldato
Soldato
Some products arrived to add to the collection. Currently 3 weeks into my new car and with having a 6 week old haven’t found time to go over it inside and out but fingers crossed I get a couple of hours tomorrow.

The product I’m most looking forward to using is Car Pro - Perl.

Thanks to those who advised me.

Soldato
Just bought this and after using various tyre dressings and Aerospace 303 this product is simply fantastic. Got a couple of bottles in different concentrations and it is super easy to use. The blackness of the tyres is great and it is easily the best I have used on interior plastics. I have three cars so keeping them clean is a task in itself. Products like this are fantastic as they are like a Jack of all trades whilst still being excellent in all categories.

Just about to order this myself . Is it simply apply with a micro fibre cloth and buff for interior use ?

Associate
In the market for a new wash mit as my Meguiars lambswool mit is starting to fall apart after about 18 months.
50214390982_7992e48845_c.jpg

I've not used a sponge in years but after seeing this and looking into it a bit it's rated well and something different to try. If I'm not a fan I might try a microfiber or noodle mit instead.

Soldato
In the market for a new wash mit as my Meguiars lambswool mit is starting to fall apart after about 18 months.

I've not used a sponge in years but after seeing this and looking into it a bit it's rated well and something different to try. If I'm not a fan I might try a microfiber or noodle mit instead.

I've been using this one for months now and its excellent, bit expensive but I highly recommend it. The Gyeon Q2M Smoothie:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q2m-smoothie

It feels really soft against the paintwork and just glides with ease. Just be careful putting it in the wash for the first time as it turned all my yellow microfibres green!

I also always have meguiars microfibre wash mitts as well and use them for the wheels now.

Soldato
50214390982_7992e48845_c.jpg

Looks like a Brillo pad :D Be interested to see what it's like though.

I've been using a Auto Finesse Noodle Wash Mitt on the lower half of the car and their Ultra Soft Wash Mitt on the top half.

Soldato
Gents, need a few bits to clean up my car, firstly roof cleaner, secondly some leather cleaner/restorer, some wheel detail brushes and some mitts. If someone could spec me some products please.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Gents, need a few bits to clean up my car, firstly roof cleaner, secondly some leather cleaner/restorer, some wheel detail brushes and some mitts. If someone could spec me some products please.

CarPro inside will clean up leather nicely. If you want to protect it then look at Gyeon LeatherCoat.

Wheel brushes, get some Ez Detail Brushes - https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=ez detail

Incredipad or Incredimitt are good - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microfiber-Madness-Incredipad-Washing-Pad/dp/B00SWVTMGW
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microfiber-Madness-Incredimitt-Blue/dp/B079DS9FM4

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Initially I used the Renovo softtop cleaner and protector kit and since then have been using the Autoglym versions every few months. Works great but do note that the brush you use is paramount. A poor quality brush or cheap sponge just won't get into the fibres.

I bought one of these specific bristle brushes which works amazingly:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vikan-Co...Cleaning-Brush-for-TVR-BMW-Audi-/150913001286

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom