Gaming recommendations for the incapacitated?

Soldato
I took a pretty bad spill on my bike the other day, which has resulted in two broken ribs, a mild concussion, a torn ACL and a back that looks like someone has taken an orbital sander to it. In short, I'm now bedridden for the foreseeable future. I would greatly appreciate some gaming recommendations to help me pass the time and take my mind off things. My only stipulations being -

Controller friendly, must be able to run on a modestly powered laptop (I think its got a 1060 in it), the more recent the better (last 5 years), and not something too long. 10 hours or thereabouts would be ideal. Oh, and not a sim, rogue like or platformer.

I have pretty broad tastes, but I'd preferably like something with an interesting story and a nice environment in which to play. Possibly something involving zombies. An adventure game, maybe? An underrated gem...? Recommendations appreciated:)

Cheers.

Soldato
How about this one:

:D

Seriously though, I just finished a third playthrough of Cloudpunk. Very good story based game, and I'm fairly certain it supports gamepad.
Highly recommended!!

Associate
Devil May Cry series
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Space Marine
Bulletstorm (I'd imagine it supports controller, but check)

Get well soon!

Caporegime
I don't know if they tend to have controller support or not, but maybe a dungeon crawler might be worth looking into. There's quite a few around now.

Sounds like you had a rough time, get well soon. :)

Associate
Pah, part timer

http://www.zen141854.zen.co.uk/back.jpg

Not even a collar bone! Callyourself a biker

Get well soon.

I'd recommend defence grid the awakening, fits your specs of lap top, will get you hooked and also you can drop out of it easily when those sexy nurses give your bed bath.

I know your wish was not for a tower defence game but it does get you hooked, there is a free demo on steam.

Finally, you are supposed to get your knee down, not your entire body !!!!

Soldato
Brothers, a tale of two sons.

One of my all time favs. Beautiful art style and creative world, touching story, novel control method, about 6-8hrs playthrough, puzzles are easy enough to keep it interesting but never stopping you in your tracks. Runs on a potato with an xbox pad. Cheap as chips.

Also, Telltale Games' Walking Dead Season 1. A masterpiece of a game that is more of an interactive story. I've yet to play anything that made me feel so invested in the characters. I just had to protect Clem.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the recommendations. I'm now able to mobilise a lot better, so I no longer have an excuse to be laying down much. Since posting, I've played and completed the Batman series from TellTale games, Mass Effect 2 (played it before years ago, but worth a replay) and Injustice God's Among Us which I actually got for free several weeks ago. Next on the agenda, get back on a bike.... actually, I might leave that for a while.

Back
Top Bottom