Windows 10

Soldato
Touche! You are quite correct
:p

interesting addition in build 20185 (insider) if you've got a recent samsung phone.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-20185/

Other updates for Insiders
Introducing Your Phone Apps – access your Android phone’s apps directly from your PC
UPDATE: The apps experience in Your Phone is gradually rolling out only to Windows Insiders on a PC that is configured to be in the Dev, Beta, or Release Preview Channels and is a server-side change that takes time propagate out. Please see the feature requirements below including list of supported phones and well as this FAQ here on Microsoft Answers.

The Your Phone app continues to evolve. We are happy to announce another exciting feature, a seamless continuation of our vision and promise to help you be more productive and keep you in your flow. Tap into the power of Your Phone app with Link to Windows integration on select Samsung devices to instantly access your phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC. There’s no need to install, sign-in or set up your apps on your PC, saving you time and hassle. You can conveniently pin your favorite mobile apps to your Taskbar or Start menu on your PC for quick and easy access. When you launch an app, it opens in a separate window outside of the Your Phone app enabling you to multitask. So, whether you need to quickly reply to a conversation, respond to your social posts, or order food, you can do it fast using your PC’s large screen, keyboard, mouse, pen and touch screen alongside your other PC apps!

I've had a play and for the most part it works well, but there's some screen corruption for me. I don't have a flagship phone however, so I'm assuming it's just an optimisation thing. Pretty promising though :)

Soldato
KB4566782 is out for 2004 with a suspiciously short list of fixes compared to the KB4568831 preview.

August 11, 2020—KB4566782 (OS Build 19041.450)

• Updates to improve security when using input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen).
  • Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
  • Updates for storing and managing files.
  • Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
  • Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
  • Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.

• Addresses an issue in Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps that allows single sign-on authentication when an app does not have the Enterprise Authentication capability. With the release of CVE-2020-1509, UWP applications might begin prompting the user for credentials.
  • Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Graphics, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Kernel, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, the Windows Wallet Service, Microsoft Edge Legacy, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Authentication, the Windows AI Platform, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Hybrid Storage Services, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and Windows SQL components.

Associate
So, 2004 arrived last night, just before bed. Let it do its thing. Got up this morning, PC boots as expected, but no mouse or keyboard!! I have spare wired KB and mouse, but nothing. Its like all the USB ports are dead.
KB and mouse work fine in Bios, so after much faffing, I managed to uninstall the update, and everything is now back to normal.
Anyone come across this before? Any prep work I can do before trying the update again?
I have nothing special on the system.

Soldato
Has anybody with ESET and Windows 10 1909 had an alert from ESET yet, saying that KB4023057 isn't installed but available on Windows Update? When I check WU, I don't see it being offered to me. :confused:

Soldato
We have that setup at work will take a gander for you just need to remember.
Another warning tonight.

1.jpg

2.jpg

:confused:

Man of Honour
A 2 year old security flaw, finally got fixed

Took em 9 months to fix a quite serious security issue in the language toolbar... makes me chuckle when people berate people still on Windows 7 [fair enough] for the security aspect while extolling 10 on the other hand.

As I've said before I find it strange Intel gets so much stick for it but what is going on with 10 is just as bad maybe worse but is hardly remarked on.

Back
Top Bottom