What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Training Day is a great film, though I am a huge Denzel fan.

When it first came out the trailer for it had the scene where he says "King Kong ain't got nothin' on me" but in the film it's "King Kong ain't got **** (defecation) on me" and as much as swearing doesn't bother me, I preferred the line as it was in the trailer.

Permabanned
Avengers: Endgame

Just Spidey Homecoming to watch and I'll have watched the MCU films in chronological order, Endgame was a pretty epic culmination of them so far.

I've seen it before but it's a hell of a difference watching these when you've been following the story closely and you're picking up on the small nuances and all.

If you have not watched Homecoming then you missed it and you will have to start over. :D

Soldato
Project Power 3/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7550000/

Don't know how to rate this movie, it was rubbish and was only on in the background while I worked. Don't think I could give this my full attention or watched it to the end (still didn't watch it completely to the end), the story was predicable and boring, wasn't as interesting as it could be given the material. There's also a girl in the movie, who must be friends of the director or producer as she was constantly rapping badly, was extremely cringy and off putting, felt very forced/staged.

Soldato
Far from Home is the last film to watch.

I’ve also watched them all on Disney+ in order.

Yeah, that's the one I meant to say. I've seen it before, my lasting impression was it went on for a bit too long. Maybe the second time round , as with these MCU revisits, I'll appreicate it more.

If you have not watched Homecoming then you missed it and you will have to start over. :D

Lol, I honestly wouldn't mind but her in doors hates them, any Sci-fi for that matter.

Associate
Harakiri (1962) ...9/10. What a story, quiet & powerful.

The keep (1983)...6.5/10. Horror movie that goes in some interesting directions. Effects are a bit dated but it's an otherwise decent lesser known movie.

Associate
Training Day is a great film, though I am a huge Denzel fan.

When it first came out the trailer for it had the scene where he says "King Kong ain't got nothin' on me" but in the film it's "King Kong ain't got **** (defecation) on me" and as much as swearing doesn't bother me, I preferred the line as it was in the trailer.

You ever had your defecation pushed in?

Soldato
The keep (1983)...6.5/10. Horror movie that goes in some interesting directions. Effects are a bit dated but it's an otherwise decent lesser known movie.

I read the book when young and really liked it, but when I later saw the film I was seriously disappointed. I have recollections of it being rather like a pretentious music video with dubious acting and dodgy sound that did no justice to the story.

Man of Honour
Good Morning Vietnam - 9/10
It's been quite a few years since I last saw it. It's such a brilliant film and an iconic role for Robin Williams. We lost a true comic genius when he took his own life. You can see in this role how troubled he was in real life but instantly switching to the outward comic that everyone thought was the real him.

Siege of Jadotville, bloody good war film based on a true story - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jadotville
Agreed. I saw it a few years ago. I think I'll watch this again soon.

Associate
Common guys give me a rainy saturday film!

Some of my favourite movies are the Dark Knight Trilogy, Training Day, Brooklyn's Finest, The Recruit, Focus, I actually really enjoyed the first Fast and Furious I thought it was awesome, the soundtrack and concept was cool until all the success took things over the top.

Soldato
Watched The Tax Collector last night first 1/3 was actually pretty good, other 2/3 was a train wreck that felt like a Michael Bay movie without the Baysplosions

Damnit. I watched this today, I'm thinking 'I'm sure a few people have mentioned it on the forum...' :( Yeah, it was 5/10 at best. Very shallow and simple, with not much action either.

Back
Top Bottom