Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I saw some stats for Willian over his Chelsea career. Pretty much Chelsea's 2nd best offensive player stats wise.

Get em on here lad. I think its a terrible signing but happy to be prooved wrong.

Glad willian is confirmed he finished the season strongly after covid restart and despite his age has a great injury free record pretty much.

I think this is the end for lacazette

Auba back to upfront with willian as a number 10 i reckon

Lets see if partey and coutinho follow

I dont get why big Phil isnt getting the backing by your lot. He'd comfortably be your best midfielder.

Soldato
Get em on here lad. I think its a terrible signing but happy to be prooved wrong.
Well we can start with the obvious ones. 9 goals in the league for Chelsea last season, which was second only to Abraham and level with Pulisic.

7 assists in the league for Chelsea, more than anyone.

2.1 key passes per game in the league for Chelsea, more than anyone.

Highest WhoScored rating last season in the league for Chelsea.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/15/Show/England-Chelsea

He's a top player, works hard, contributes to matches, adds a huge amount of experience, and will be of huge benefit to the likes of Saka in their development. He's also a proven PL player who contributes well and can add depth in a number of positions to an Arsenal squad light on depth.

Yes, a 3 year deal is probably a year too long, but if he becomes surplus to requirements they can pack him off to Turkey or China. He'll be an excellent signing for next year, and useful the year after that.

Edit: looking across teams, he's only 5 combined goals/assists behind Sterling, 4 behind Kane, 3 ahead of Traore, 7 ahead of Maddison.

Last edited:
Don
He's a top player....
I think that's a stretch. He got 12 non penalty goals and assists in the League last season. Salah got 26, Mane 25 and Sterling 21 - he's a long way short of the best players in his position.

He's a good player and been fairly consistent over the last few years picking up 10-14 goals and assists per season but he's always been a level or 2 below the very best wide attackers and at 32 he's only going to decline from here. Maybe you'll get another season or even 2 seasons of good football out of him but 3? I think it's very unlikely that a 35 year old Willian will be justifying his £11.5m per season salary. Arsenal have allowed Kia Joorabchian run their club though.

Soldato
I think that's a stretch. He got 12 non penalty goals and assists in the League last season. Salah got 26, Mane 25 and Sterling 21 - he's a long way short of the best players in his position.

He's a good player and been fairly consistent over the last few years picking up 10-14 goals and assists per season but he's always been a level or 2 below the very best wide attackers and at 32 he's only going to decline from here. Maybe you'll get another season or even 2 seasons of good football out of him but 3? I think it's very unlikely that a 35 year old Willian will be justifying his £11.5m per season salary. Arsenal have allowed Kia Joorabchian run their club though.

Yeah that's all probably true, but he'll improve that Arsenal team for a season, the season after that you'd expect him to be a good squad player, and then either they offload him or at worst they're effectively paying him about what you'd say his market value is now (i.e. they're paying his extra year's salary instead of a transfer fee). I think he'll add enough to them to be value.

Soldato
Willians drive and knowledge/experience will be invaluable ot our Youngsters like willock/saka etC its not all just about what he can bring on the field.....

FMF

FMF

Associate
Not an Arsenal fan but I think Willian will be a good signing for Arsenal. I remember Jose's last season at Chelsea when everyone downed tools and he was by far their best player so seems to have a good attitude, yeah wages are a bit much but its a free transfer so to be expected.

Caporegime
Dunk and Pickford to Chelsea, what the hell? £40 million as far as Dunk is concerned.

If they swapped Kepa for Pickford it would possibly one of the most hilarious transfers ever made. Got to be journo BS.

Don't get me wrong I'm not high on Kepa but Pickford is just as bad, they're both poor.

Caporegime
Dunk and Pickford to Chelsea, what the hell? £40 million as far as Dunk is concerned.

If they swapped Kepa for Pickford it would possibly one of the most hilarious transfers ever made. Got to be journo BS.

Don't get me wrong I'm not high on Kepa but Pickford is just as bad, they're both poor.

Surely Pope for £40m and Burnley would take that? He's a far better keeper.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Surely Pope for £40 and Burnley would take that? He's a far better keeper.

Agreed, Pope is a very good keeper imo. Should really be England no.1 with Henderson 2nd. Pickford wouldn't even be in the squad.

Burnley would very likely snap their hand off as well, that's a lot of money for a club the size of Burnley.

Caporegime
Can't think of a more unsuited player for us.

We don't have the money to buy him, if we did have the money we wouldn't spend it on a 33 year old and if we did buy 33 year olds we wouldn't buy one that stood still rather than tracked back and/or pressed for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom