Horizon Zero Dawn

Associate
Random one but I've just realised nothing is bound to the extra buttons on my mouse, any ideas what the best things to bind there to make combat easier would be?

Caporegime
You have so many resources at your disposal it's rarely an issue.

And on controller you can craft in battles in literally less than a second using the ammo selection wheel.

Soldato
Random one but I've just realised nothing is bound to the extra buttons on my mouse, any ideas what the best things to bind there to make combat easier would be?

On my G502.

left/right wheel - scroll through items
middle click - use item
thumb - weapon wheel
upper thumb 1 - crouch
upper thumb 2 - focus

rest I can easily use the keyboard with.

Suspended
They did to fix this, every time I lunch the game the performance is different, sometimes 80-90fps, sometimes 50-60, sometimes 60-80, in the same area of the map.. :confused:

Soldato
I’m finding it hard to stick with frozen wilds, but I think it’s because it just doesn’t touch the main story. It does the environment very well though.

I just finished Frozen Wilds, overall not bad for an expansion once you get into it, must admit I didn't enjoy it for the first couple of hours but it picked up well.

Thats Horizon ZD completed for me, don't think I have the willpower to go back for an Ultra Hard NG+ run to 100% it, good game though, solid 8/10.

Soldato
I've enjoyed the game, particularly the story and the gameworld, if I was to critique anything on it, it would be the combat/parkour which I feel is showing its age. I found the combat to be clunky compared to the recent AC games and the parkour very limiting (I cant climb over a 5 ft wall because.....reasons). I often found that when I died it was more down to the movement/clunky combat than an issue of skill. If they could do this story/lore and gameworld, within the AC game engine, it would be fantastic but as it stands currently I would say that AC Origins and Odyssey are better games for gameplay mechanics.

I agree, but I think the overall combat is OK. Ranged combat and using traps etc is great imo, but like lots of games it falls apart when it comes to human Melee combat. Even just the addition of a block button would improve it massively imo.

Soldato
Yeah. That and some of the vendor RGB software out there has brought on many a headache for some people.

I did have GFE installed so I could apply sharpening to some games when running 1080p triple screen on 1440p monitors.

Kind of glad I uninstalled it months ago now.

Soldato
GFE was using up 99% of my RAM and causing all sorts of problems while in-game.

Took me a while to figure it out, but as soon as it was uninstalled everything ran smoothly again and the 99% utilization issue was fixed.

Man of Honour
Just finished frozen wilds. Enjoyable. Done with the game now, went back to take on a thunderjaw, was very easy. New game plus doesn’t interest me. Can’t wait until the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom