The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Soldato
Man of Honour
One of the strangest games of BF4 I've played:

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/1294118044274047936/917377806/

Joined with my team camped into the US spawn and was having a horrible time with the game acting like all the enemy players were aim botting then suddenly with ~380 tickets left and the other team at ~1700 I got 5 minutes of the game acting perfectly and I rolled the entire enemy team single handedly for a ~20 streak completely reversing the map control and we stomped them so hard into spawn their top 4 players quit and we won the round.

Not sure I can continue playing any more though - got back to the point again where this almost constant, but with the odd few minutes of it working as it should, 0.5-1 second disadvantage in roll back is driving me up the wall. I hate Dice.

Associate
It's interesting, I drop into BF4 from time to time as Locker/Metro are lazy maps to grind up general FPS aim/movement mechanics but god its janky at times. Compared to BF5's gunplay/netcode its really showing its age (shame everything else in BF5 sucks ass). I think its mostly a combo of outdated netcode and low quality 3rd party servers (the routing and ping consistency is really poor on some third party servers, compared to the DICE managed AWS ones).

That Core Locker one you linked a few posts back can be particularly ropey - its a shame as it mostly has very good players on it so the level is high, although there are some undeniably shady players on there from time to time which nobody seems to bat an eyelid at.

Man of Honour
It's interesting, I drop into BF4 from time to time as Locker/Metro are lazy maps to grind up general FPS aim/movement mechanics but god its janky at times. Compared to BF5's gunplay/netcode its really showing its age (shame everything else in BF5 sucks ass). I think its mostly a combo of outdated netcode and low quality 3rd party servers (the routing and ping consistency is really poor on some third party servers, compared to the DICE managed AWS ones).

That Core Locker one you linked a few posts back can be particularly ropey - its a shame as it mostly has very good players on it so the level is high, although there are some undeniably shady players on there from time to time which nobody seems to bat an eyelid at.

One of the things that put me off BF5 a bit is they seem to have been lazy and chopped some of the fundamental battlefield mechanics to the bone.

The quality of 3rd party servers definitely doesn't help - but it isn't just the age of the "netcode" the original Dice version was some lazy arse coding and while Dice LA massively overhauled it a lot of that is papering over the cracks.

Yeah some very high level players on that Core server but definitely some cheaters - there was a hilarious one the other night I was spectating who was struggle with moving because the aimbot kept pulling away their aim it was both sad and amusing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anyone know if there's a way to see servers "actual" population numbers as quite often Il see a server that says it has 15 players in, join and its empty :D

In the web based battlelog you can click "View full server page" to see a list of the actual players connected - it is annoying how many don't accurately reflect player count.

Not played since October 2019, hows the player base looking guys?

Depends what game mode and map you want to play - there are usually half a dozen fully populated 64 player servers through much of the day and a mix of other sizes. A lot of people just play Metro or Lockers now though.

Caporegime
there is rumours bf3 or bf4 maybe remastered. i hope so more so bf4 than bf3. if they did do that it would make sense to start with bf3 then bf4 after. i really do miss battlefield 4 was very good. shame bf games are so **** now.

Man of Honour
Would make more sense to roll it into one there is a lot of overlap between the two - it would likely go down well - despite the faults there aren't really any games that do that modern military gameplay better - the alternatives either being too sim like or either a far simpler interpretation or just a worse game.

Man of Honour
Wish me luck, going to try and unlock the Dice camos soon.

Would have been nice if they'd spent the time getting some of the game programming working right before spending time implementing stuff like that...

After reading about the censorship in BF5 (hadn't realised it was as bad as it is) Dice are really going to have to step up with their approach to any next title for me to ever buy one of their games again - I can't support that kind of nonsense on principle.

Soldato
Would have been nice if they'd spent the time getting some of the game programming working right before spending time implementing stuff like that...

After reading about the censorship in BF5 (hadn't realised it was as bad as it is) Dice are really going to have to step up with their approach to any next title for me to ever buy one of their games again - I can't support that kind of nonsense on principle.

I fancy reading that. Got a link? Are you talking about the chat filter or something else?

Also - camos- BFV is like this x1000. There’s literally thousands of outfits they were hoping to sell to us. If they’d got rid of 1/2 of it we could have had another 10 maps

Man of Honour
I fancy reading that. Got a link? Are you talking about the chat filter or something else?

Chat filter - last few days I've run into various forum posts on it while looking for information on something else so I can only quickly grab a link off Google for instance https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...e-nazi-and-white-man-for-some-bizarre-reason/ there is a whole lot of words that are banned which can be used in a multitude of non-offensive ways and their primary use is not offensive but someone has got triggered by them in that whole "woke" kind of context. The whole it needs some tweaking/refinement PR stuff is BS as they've doubled down on them since.

EDIT: I've not actually played the release game so I can only go on posts online about it.

Man of Honour
Given the posts that are being removed from the BF6 threads on the official forums, under loose pretexts i.e. concerns about anti-cheat being removed citing discussion of cheating, calling out Dice for exactly the problems they need to address I don't hold out any hope. Another developer sadly lost up their own rear lacking the self-awareness (I seem to be using this word a lot lately) to address the problems within the company.

Back
Top Bottom