• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B Grade GPU

Associate
Yea I got a Vega 56 for £180 last year. It was brand new but someone returned it, probably for the coil whine. If you get one, put it in your system straight away and thoroughly test it so if you have a problem you know and you can return it

Soldato
I bought a B grade 7950. Faulty on arrival but was refunded straight away.
A mate of mine bought an Rx480 which was also faulty and he was also refunded.
Bit of a lottery the B grade section imo but I'm sure you get some bargains. The worst that can happen is you wait a few days to get the money back.

Soldato
I think the risk of it being a coil whine generator from hell is quite high. That seems to be the biggest reason people send back working ones.

If you can get ones which is new, but just has damaged packaging then it's a win. But those are rare.

Associate
I think the risk of it being a coil whine generator from hell is quite high. That seems to be the biggest reason people send back working ones.

I do wonder how many of those coil whine RMA's are actually caused by the PSU, not the GPU. My 390X was horrendous for it when I got it, a PSU upgrade and the whine was gone entirely for example.

Associate
My B grade 5700XT arrived today, installed and it seems fine. No coil whine, no obvious signs of damage, temps seem pretty reasonable for a stock 5700XT Nitro.

Haven't tried the usual AMD undervolting etc, will see how it goes. Seems to run well standard though.

Back
Top Bottom