**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

smr

smr

Soldato
I bought a 1660 super a few weeks ago because i dont have a never ending budget so no way am i spending £400+ on a card. I get 30fps which for a flight sim is fine. and im only running an old i5 4 series and 16gb ddr3 ram aswell.

I've seen people with much better rigs still saying theyre getting similar fps, so as ever it depends how much youve got to spend, but spending $$$$$ more almost defo wont get you an increase of 100+ fps, itll be 6 months of game updates and optimisations before we see any big increases imo.

Thanks for that. It's quite fortunate that I'm due a Computer upgrade at a time when this game has come out though - timed quite nicely insofar as having once been an avid PC gamer for many years, I retired from PC Gaming some years ago and never really had any intention of gaming again, then I saw FS2020...

As well as that my Computer at the moment is 10 years old, it's an i7 930 CPU, 6GB RAM and a £30 gfx card, and it struggles with Adobe software for my Photography and video editing. If there weren't next gen graphics cards on the horizon I'd probably have already bought a new machine but I may as well wait now and buy the best CPU, RAM and GFX Card I can in a few months time.

Soldato
Getting decent performance at around 35-45 FPS with my 980ti, i7 9700k and 16gb ram, this is at 1440p at high settings.

I'm a complete novice to flight games, and I've only really done a quick few flights for a few minutes, hut is there like an easy A-B mode where I can follow waypoints and the game tells me when to descend and the right altitude for landing etc?

Same here as i have gamepass I thought id try it, I tried assistance on and still really struggled you have to really be into planes , I just wanted to really see the landscapes etc while going to A to B

Associate
Taken from the JustFlight forums regarding the Airhauler program

Slopey GLOBAL MODERATOR about 10 hours ago

I'm working on a version of AH2 for FS2020 - but have nothing to announce at the moment as regards when it will be ready.

Soldato
Anyone got issues with the flight surfaces not recentering? This is making it impossible to fly as you get a yo-yo affect very quickly.

Just in case anyone on the internet has the same problem, it is because I was an idiot and configuring digital controls for the joystick rather then the analogue ones.

Soldato
daft question - are there really no liveries other than the stock "manufacturer" ones

just the normal white-ish colour ones are very bright and reflective

surprised how well this runs on my 6 year old heavily overclocked 290 !

Caporegime
Can’t get this going. Keep getting this error when installing through gamepass. Anyone else had this?

oiAzIAxl.jpg
Guys, if no one knows what could be wrong that’s fine, but where could I go to find out? I’ve tried google, twitter etc already but nothing. I installed the small launcher thing off the GP app, then clicked play to go in, but that’s when this error comes up.

Associate
daft question - are there really no liveries other than the stock "manufacturer" ones

just the normal white-ish colour ones are very bright and reflective

surprised how well this runs on my 6 year old heavily overclocked 290 !
Yes just the basics for now, believe they are speaking to manufacturers to allow more, think it was in the developer Q+A video

Associate
Getting controls set up is a bit of a nightmare. I have an X55 HOTAS and it doesn't have any default configuration straight out of the box. No mapping option for throttle axis either ....

Associate
Does an SSD make a massive difference to this game for frame rates - I'm getting pretty choppy rates but I've got the game on a mechanical drive.

System is an I5 6600k, 16gb and a 1070 so not expecting wonders, but I'm on about 25 fps on medium.

Think my motherboard will take an M2 drive so planning to get a 1gb model.

Associate
Guys, if no one knows what could be wrong that’s fine, but where could I go to find out? I’ve tried google, twitter etc already but nothing. I installed the small launcher thing off the GP app, then clicked play to go in, but that’s when this error comes up.

On Windows Insider Preview? If so that's the problem. Having the same issue, only way I've found people have been able to resolve is to reinstall a non insider preview version of windows.

Back
Top Bottom