First Build In A While - Console Switch

Associate
Hi,

I haven’t built a PC in years, but with the upcoming release of next gen consoles I’m wondering whether a PC might be a better option...

Looking to spend no more than £500 - already have an RX580 from an experiment with an eGPU on my Mac, and I’ve got a 500GB SSD too...

How does this look to start?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - ~£180
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max - £124.99
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB - £79.99

Leaves me with around £120 for a case and PSU? Any recommendations?

I’d be doing this instead of getting a PlayStation 5 (hence the budget), so my main consideration is that this would last a good few years. I’d be looking to upgrade the card in the next year or so but wouldn’t want the rest of the rig to bottleneck the upgrade...

Cheers!

Man of Honour
You can get teamgroup memory 3600mhz for £60 saving you £20

Phantecs 650w gold modular psu or corsair 650w rm have 10 year warranty and just under £100. The 550w are £86 There are cheaper options like the be quiet system power 9 but are not modular.

Case take a look at the mid towers , pick one you like, do you want rgb lights ? Tell us which and we will give you our opinion.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cases-and-modding/pc-cases/midi-towers?p=2&sSort=3

Associate
OP
Phantecs 650w gold modular psu or corsair 650w rm have 10 year warranty and just under £100. The 550w are £86 There are cheaper options like the be quiet system power 9 but are not modular.
You’d go for the higher wattage though?

Case take a look at the mid towers , pick one you like, do you want rgb lights ? Tell us which and we will give you our opinion.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cases-and-modding/pc-cases/midi-towers?p=2&sSort=3
Don’t necessarily want RGB although I appreciate two of my components have them :D. For the case I was looking for something small. Was thinking a cube initially although not sure about cooling issues and changing the motherboard?

Man of Honour
There arecube cases that can take a micro atx motherboard and a atx psu such as KOLINK SATELLITE MICRO-ATX CUBE CASE but you will need to check the size limitations for all components..

Don't want to buy a motherboard that wont fit as not all matx boards are the same size.

650w psu just give you more options but a 550w would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom