BMW and M Power Owners

Commissario
Hi all. Having just sold my Skyline I've got £2-3k to spend on something boring and sensible. There seem to be quite a few 118d and the odd 120d in budget, mostly on about 100k miles.

Worth considering? Anything to worry about at that sort of mileage?
I’d go for something like a Focus at that money tbh

Soldato
Any m135i owners in here? Looking at one of these to potentially replace my Megane F1. Obviously need to get out and drive one!

Dont know a huge amount about them or what options to look for or make sure should be absolutely spec'd? Anything to avoid?

Would ideally like an auto - are these 'ok' or would I be better with a manual?

Budget around 12-14k, scope to push it up a bit if needed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't understand what they're trying to achieve here. They've morphed the previous car design towards the RC F, whilst giving it Miss Piggy's nose and created something awful.

It'll be epic to drive no doubt, but unless you only ever enter from the back (ahem), you'll want to throw up.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
As you've stated you're "in no rush to sell" then why not, hey :) Good luck.

What do you mean by "aftermarket M performance kit"?

Also, don't abbreviate in adverts and include higher resolution photos.

Associate
To me, 'aftermarket' suggests it wasn't factory fitted, as opposed to not being a genuine M Performance kit.
I would expect to see 'replica' or 'clone' somewhere in there.

Soldato
I assumed when listing as "Aftermarket M Performance Styling Kit" it would be clear they are not genuine parts. I will take that on board though!

No way does that indicate they are fake. There are lots of genuine aftermarket m performance parts. All it means to me is that they are mods rather than factory fitted parts.

Selling it installed on a car, it probably doesn't matter though as presumably they'll view the car.

Associate
Probably one for Foxy here.
Looking at changing my 3 series for a 530D GT.
I have seen a couple around a similar price, but one is newer with higher mileage on it.
Both are well spaced, but the higher mileage one (101k) has the HUD as well.

Couple of questions:-
Would the high mileage be a put off on one of these, or would it be better to get a slightly older model with less mileage?
Anything major that I should look out for? I have heard that the rear suspension units are expensive to replace, but it appears that the engine is somewhat bombproof if serviced correctly?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom