power cut now fridge freezer wont work

Soldato
Hi

I had to cut the power to my fridge (hotpoint HM 7030 E C AA 03) for an hour or so to get a smart meter installed.

Now that the power is back on, it seems to be in some sort of fail safe mode, it keeps beeping, al the leds are lit and it buzzes from time to time.

I called hotpoint and the lady says just to leave it until it gets to the right temperture, failing that it's a charged call out.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

Associate
Some fridge freezers go into a temperature fault mode if power has been cut off to it without first turning it off using the actual power on/off button on the console.
Turn off the fridge freezer using the on/off button. Wait 10 secs then turn it back on.
If the alarm sounds/flashes and there is an alarm button press and hold that to turn off.
Can take hours to get fully cold again.

Soldato
OP
None of the buttons on the panel seem to function.

it was beeping and then trying to kick in.. you could hear the compressor then it was beeping and buzzing... after a few hours that stopped and it was just the panel flashing.

I went to bed hoping it sort itself out but... woke up to find it was in the same state.

had to bin all the food in the freezer now and most of the fridge, going to see if there’s any change as I just flipped the power of the mains off and on again.. it’s not the first time I had to kill the power to the house without switching the fridge freezer off but it’s the first time I’ve had an issue after.

going back to bed and hoping that the white goods fairies sort this out else it’s engineer call out time.

Associate
Found this forum and thread yesterday searching for help. I had accidentally cut the power in my sons house, he’s on holiday.

His Hotpoint HM 7030 E C AA 03 started behaving exactly as described here. I downloaded the manual, tried everything described and ended up leaving it beeping in the hope it would be OK this morning….. it wasn’t.

As a last resort I decided to pull the plug and leave it for 30 minutes as the power button wouldn’t respond.

Success!! When I plugged it in it went straight into working mode. Maybe the buttons “freezing” is a safety feature when the power is cut before powering off?

Back
Top Bottom