What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
Can't remember if it was you that we suggested True Detective to a few weeks back, nice self contained seasons.

Horror wise, Haunting Of Hill House is some of the best written horror i've seen in movie or TV form for years and years.

Sci fi - i'll echo Love, Death and Robots mentioned above, a few dire episodes but some stellar episodes too, all short stories. Also Altered Carbon season 1 is great viewing.

I enjoyed haunting of hill house, the "sequel" starts very soon - haunting of bly manor

Associate
Re-watching season 1 of The Wire this time round widescreen and HD is a big improvement on the original SD 4:3

and as an extra bonus am listening to respective episodes of the way down in the hole podcast (each episode 1 hr 15m)

Really appreciating this series much more this time round.....am fully immersed:):cool:

Associate
For All Mankind - 7/10 - An Apple TV series based on an alternative history where the USSR was the first to put a man on the moon leading the US to greatly ramp up it's efforts to beat the Soviet space race.

Shall have a look at this, thanks.

Just finished Tales from the Loop, found it decent overall but a couple of episodes annoyed me with the direction they went. Solid enough and not a huge amount of episodes to burn through.

jcr

jcr

Associate
Re-watching season 1 of The Wire this time round widescreen and HD is a big improvement on the original SD 4:3

and as an extra bonus am listening to respective episodes of the way down in the hole podcast (each episode 1 hr 15m)

Really appreciating this series much more this time round.....am fully immersed:):cool:
watched season 1 recently with my partner who loves crime shows. neither of us enjoyed it much. was surprised after all the good reviews ive come across over the years.

Associate
I am about to start Better Call Saul (a massive OCUK thread on this series - have not read in detail for fear of spoilers, but feedback looks good). :)

For now going to watch Fear City. The New York Mafia documentary before embarking on another multi season binge such as Saul.

Checked Yellowstone; might have missed but its not available here - Shame, as a big fan of Kevin Costner since The Untouchables (one of my favourite films) :(

Soldato
Watched the last ep of Justified on my second watch through last night. Through S1 I wondered if I'd over rated it in my mind, compared to some of the great TV about these days, but I think at the end I'm happy to leave it in my top 5, if not top 3 still. It's just such good TV. Great story, amazing characters, great acting, good pace. Love the relationship between Raylan and Boyd. Walton Goggins is so good in this.

Whilst there's not as many 'OMG!' moments, there's just so many great scenes, like this with Choo Choo...

Soldato
Watched the last ep of Justified on my second watch through last night. Through S1 I wondered if I'd over rated it in my mind, compared to some of the great TV about these days, but I think at the end I'm happy to leave it in my top 5, if not top 3 still. It's just such good TV. Great story, amazing characters, great acting, good pace. Love the relationship between Raylan and Boyd. Walton Goggins is so good in this.

Whilst there's not as many 'OMG!' moments, there's just so many great scenes, like this with Choo Choo...

You've finished S2 or the entire series again?

Soldato
I am about to start Better Call Saul (a massive OCUK thread on this series - have not read in detail for fear of spoilers, but feedback looks good). :)

For now going to watch Fear City. The New York Mafia documentary before embarking on another multi season binge such as Saul.

Checked Yellowstone; might have missed but its not available here - Shame, as a big fan of Kevin Costner since The Untouchables (one of my favourite films) :(
Yellowstone is available on My5. :)

Soldato
To go back to a previous conversation a few weeks ago...yes you do watch a lot of TV :D ;)

Ha ha. Tbf, according to Trakt I started watching on 29th July. There are 78 episodes, each about 45 minutes. That's less than 2 hours a day. Is that really a lot? As a minimum, it's one meal a day sat watching an episode and one before bed. Then depending on what shift I'm working, or maybe I've got the day off, another episode is thrown in that day :)

Soldato
Ha ha. Tbf, according to Trakt I started watching on 29th July. There are 78 episodes, each about 45 minutes. That's less than 2 hours a day. Is that really a lot? As a minimum, it's one meal a day sat watching an episode and one before bed. Then depending on what shift I'm working, or maybe I've got the day off, another episode is thrown in that day :)

Hey, stop being logical :)

Broken down like that, doesn't seem a lot. Also more time has passed since we were first chatting about Justified than I had realised.

In the same time i've done two seasons of Yellowstone, two seasons of Killing Eve, a season of Narcos and some comedy bits here and there, that's with my reduced viewing too due to my 3 year old.

Back
Top Bottom