• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B Grade GPU

Associate
Last card i bought was a B Grade Fury Nitro, that was 4 years ago and it's still going strong today. Admittedly its been under water the whole time.

Just today i've actually bought an upgrade, and picked up the last 5700XT Pulse they had, again a B Grade. Ill see how this one goes when it arrives.

Associate
OP
Last card i bought was a B Grade Fury Nitro, that was 4 years ago and it's still going strong today. Admittedly its been under water the whole time.

Just today i've actually bought an upgrade, and picked up the last 5700XT Pulse they had, again a B Grade. Ill see how this one goes when it arrives.

This fills me with confidence tbh. Did you make an offer or just go ahead at the listed price? I'm considering the Nitro SE

Associate
Bought a B Grade Sapphire RX 580 to tide me over until the new cards are released and then stick it in my son's PC.
First one was DOA, RMA issued, with collection same day and a new card shipped. It was working absolutely perfectly until my EK water block failed and dumped all of my coolant on it and my new motherboard.

Associate
OP
Bought a B Grade Sapphire RX 580 to tide me over until the new cards are released and then stick it in my son's PC.
First one was DOA, RMA issued, with collection same day and a new card shipped. It was working absolutely perfectly until my EK water block failed and dumped all of my coolant on it and my new motherboard.

Oh mate what a nightmare! I'm assuming it's all toast now?

Caporegime
Could have tried the 1080ti for 300 down from 499. Someone did it once and got it for that.
I've made offers of that (£300) twice on B Grade Zotac 1080ti's and my current MSI 1080ti Lightning X - when all 3 were priced considerably higher than £499..

All three still rocking along nicely. :)
I've had B-Grade offers both accepted and rejected which is fair enough, never any harm in asking, the worst the can do is say no.

Caporegime
Just an update for you all, I requested a lower price on a B grade GPU, here is the reply:

Thank you for your webnote.
I'm afraid this has already got a significant discount on it being a B-Grade product. I'm afraid we would not be able to reduce it further at the moment. Please keep checking our website and forums for updates.

:(
I've had B-Grade offers both accepted and rejected which is fair enough, never any harm in asking, the worst the can do is say no.

I've bought loads of B-Grade stuff from OC/Uk over the years, from Gaming Chairs to GPU's although it's only recently that I started to put offers in having realized you can negotiate B-Grade pricing, on some products but certainly not all.
Could have tried the 1080ti for 300 down from 499. Someone did it once and got it for that.
I've made offers of that (£300) twice on B Grade Zotac 1080ti's and my current MSI 1080ti Lightning X - when all 3 were priced considerably higher than £499..

Soldato

That’s pretty cool getting 1080tis for £300 and I assume it was a while ago. Where do you make the requests?

Soldato
Maybe if it was cheap or discounted enough but really the 90 day warranty puts me off. I tend to only buy things from B Grade that are resistant to failure, like cases or peripherals. Complex components like graphics card and motherboards are far too much of a risk unless they're dirt cheap.

Caporegime
Maybe if it was cheap or discounted enough but really the 90 day warranty puts me off. I tend to only buy things from B Grade that are resistant to failure, like cases or peripherals. Complex components like graphics card and motherboards are far too much of a risk unless they're dirt cheap.
Whilst £300 is not cheap in most people's books for a component, for a 1080ti it was what I felt a used/B-Grade was worth despite the silly used prices were all aware of, I certainly think the 90 day warranty was a bonus in my case, especially given 1080ti's go for far more second hand with no warranty at all.... The only thing I've had fail on me that was a B-Grade over many years of buying predominantly GPU's was an SSD of all things, probably one of the most reliable PC components you can buy! - Ultimately, you bid what its worth to you, they say yes or no, everybody is happy.

I'll continue to buy B-Grade more than happily. :)

Associate
OP
Whilst £300 is not cheap in most people's books for a component, for a 1080ti it was what I felt a used/B-Grade was worth despite the silly used prices were all aware of, I certainly think the 90 day warranty was a bonus in my case, especially given 1080ti's go for far more second hand with no warranty at all.... The only thing I've had fail on me that was a B-Grade over many years of buying predominantly GPU's was an SSD of all things, probably one of the most reliable PC components you can buy! - Ultimately, you bid what its worth to you, they say yes or no, everybody is happy.

I'll continue to buy B-Grade more than happily. :)

Scania, your signature :D

Back
Top Bottom