*** Apex Legends ***

Caporegime
Had two decent games and four with utter idiots in between. Do like the new character and a few of the changes made.

Quite a few deaths reported on reddit of people flying through the harvester already. Come on... :D

lol

I'm pretty sure @MissChief did it twice :D :D

Once! Once! And there are also reports that if the drop ship flies over the Harvester then anyone still in the ship dies too!

Soldato
Late to the party but with all this staying indoors I need a new game. Will be dipping my toes into Apex for the first time in about 30 minutes, haven't played any sort of competitive shooter since BF3, going to get owned for sure

Caporegime
Late to the party but with all this staying indoors I need a new game. Will be dipping my toes into Apex for the first time in about 30 minutes, haven't played any sort of competitive shooter since BF3, going to get owned for sure
Have a run through the firing range to get an idea of weapons, attachments etc. Will certainly help.

Soldato
Well indeed got wrecked. About 5 kills in an hour of boots on the ground time :D Tried to be as useful at revives and healing as possible, got to the last 3 squads once. In that round, didn't realise the gun I had was semi auto and fluffed the first shot and got turned over. Exciting, lots of practice needed

Soldato
Well indeed got wrecked. About 5 kills in an hour of boots on the ground time :D Tried to be as useful at revives and healing as possible, got to the last 3 squads once. In that round, didn't realise the gun I had was semi auto and fluffed the first shot and got turned over. Exciting, lots of practice needed
Sounds like you had fun!

As advised above have a quick bash in the firing range to try out different weapons - it will help you out a lot. There are 2 semi automatic weapons in the game. One is the Prowler which does have the selectfire hop up which makes it full auto. It's a great hip fire weapon. My personal go to guns are the R301 and the Flatline. Both full auto. There are plenty that I avoid although because it's a BR sometimes you've just got to make do with what you've got.

Soldato
The Prowler is quite a sleeper of a weapon that not many people use, they've upped the damage on it this season too, otherwise it's a r301 and r99 for me, an r99 up close and personal is devastating, great flanking weapon if you're quick and sneaky enough.

Soldato
Prowler with select fire and Flatline are really strong. I tend to use one of them with the EVA-8 if I can find em. The EVA is quite forgiving, and wrecks early game...

Of course sometimes you luck out, hotdrop and get a p2020 and hammerpoints, easy mode :cool:

Associate
Flatline and PK for me usually but sometimes just go with whatever I get hold of first and build it up. I'm coming up to rank 300 now using all of the legends to complete the challenges although Caustic is my main.
Best free game out there.

Soldato
Flatline and PK for me usually but sometimes just go with whatever I get hold of first and build it up. I'm coming up to rank 300 now using all of the legends to complete the challenges although Caustic is my main.
Best free game out there.
Yeah pretty much this, I can usually/always find a Alternator to upgrade to my r99 and there's usually a flatline to swap for a Prowler in the same way. I'm sure the flatline has more kick than it used to though or it could be me not used it enough lately. It's not unknown for me to use two r99's if I get the chance as it is surprisngly effective at distance if you can get the hit (I have taken out people flying off jump towers no probs).

I'm useless with the PK...

Associate
Its been a long ‘ol while since i posted here, how is everyone finding Season 6? If youre still playing at all that is.

Just as a heads up, I am looking at building a clan of people who are atleast Platinum level on ranked to try and push for Diamond each season. If you want to join (no commitment required) please add me on PSN and we shall run you through your paces if youre not quiet ready.

Name on PSN is same as here, DarrenB_90, i also have Twitch and FB pages under the same name for when i do streaming.

Permabanned
Its been a long ‘ol while since i posted here, how is everyone finding Season 6? If youre still playing at all that is.

Just as a heads up, I am looking at building a clan of people who are atleast Platinum level on ranked to try and push for Diamond each season. If you want to join (no commitment required) please add me on PSN and we shall run you through your paces if youre not quiet ready.

Name on PSN is same as here, DarrenB_90, i also have Twitch and FB pages under the same name for when i do streaming.

Loving it at the moment, started playing again a week or so ago, I have not played since around S2. :p

Nowhere near good enough to join you, just a casual scrub. Only 5 x S6 wins I think so far, only play with randoms at the moment. :)

Soldato
I always manage to get to Platinum solo - too painful to try and push to Diamond solo - every season, though I've not touched ranked in S6 yet. Loving the changes to World's Edge. They are good at keeping the game fresh. Also liking the Volt and the armor and the vending machines. I only generally play for 90 mins or so every day so I wouldn't be any use to a clan - my clan days are over but I did play competitively in clans for years. Just chill time for me now and as above, a casual scrub. Love it.

Soldato
Getting through Gold isn't too bad with randoms if you've got the patience to ignore the odd idiot teams. I've only done a couple of ranked games this season though. Need to get on the Discord again.

There are people like me that play casual on there if you just want to play with a team instead of randos...

Soldato
When I manage to get through Gold I am thinking 'cool into Plat, there are bound to be better players here' until first game 'oh, we're hot dropping train yard with the entire server in tow. Aaand, we're dead' or 'oh look, one of our squad decided to solo drop fragment east with us on the other side of the map. Go team!' /Pathfinder. Occasionally you get a couple of decent random players but even in ranked people are pretty dumb.

Back
Top Bottom