The I haven't properly upgraded for over 10 years project...

Soldato
Nothing fancy compared to some, but I while ago, I realised that the PC was bit past it...

I think I'd last done a major upgrade in 2007, Although I think in the years immeidtaly afterwoods, I'd swapped the CPU for a slightly faster one at the time and stuck in some extra memory that ended up spare as well as a slighly different graphics card that might even have been as recent as 8 years ago...

So at the moment I'm using the following:

Abit Ib9
Core2Due E6700 (was E4300 originally I think)
4x1GB memory (was originally 2x1gb)
GTX260 (was something even older...)
430W Antec PSU
Windowed case with colour changing bubble car lights circa 2002, that I disconnected the lights on because they started flashing.

Not sure if anyone can beat that in terms of age of manchine in daily use :p

Anyway, after a short while collecting bits from MM as well as a couple of bits from competitors, I now have the folowing. Doing this way has meant I didnt see how much it cost altogether!

MSI X570 Unify
Ryzen 7 3700x
Corsair 850W PSU
4x8Gb Memory
Orange and black Phamtom case (Was going to get the pure or silent base in the same colour scheme, but this popped up on MM)
GTX760 (I know a lowly card, but I don't do much gaming atm and its more of a stop gap measure card, I'll probably look for something better on black friday and pass this on to a family member who is also still running a 260...)
512GB M2 NVME
4TB 7200 Hard drive
Basic Lite-on DVD/RW

Now what I need is the time to put it together :p

LLwNDTs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom