The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Man of Honour
It is known that high ping players can cause issues for the rest of the people on a server and it's also known that sometimes high ping players can actually have an advantage as well.

It is more complicated than that - a 200+ms player will often cause the quality of the experience to be a bit worse for everyone but it seems to impact some people a lot more than it effects most. For instance I can play with the same group of people and have an almost perfect experience and then a certain player will join and everyone else is fine but my game will act like I'm at a 0.5 second disadvantage in firefights and I can quickly slide from top of the scoreboard to bottom - if that player leaves I'll easily climb back to the top. Unfortunately around 1/3rd of players seem to trigger that effect with it worse if they have higher latency so avoiding it is difficult and it happens most of the time.

It will go from me being able to sneak up behind players and drop them easily with a quick accurate burst to them having loads of time to turn around alerted by the damage and kill me first despite me having a big advantage on them while almost no one else is effected to that degree - though I see the odd 1-2 other players complain of it on the forums so it isn't just me exclusively.

Soldato
It will go from me being able to sneak up behind players and drop them easily with a quick accurate burst to them having loads of time to turn around alerted by the damage and kill me first despite me having a big advantage on them while almost no one else is effected to that degree - though I see the odd 1-2 other players complain of it on the forums so it isn't just me exclusively.

That bit is a notorious thing in BF4, i remember it was very evident in the earlier stages of the game, but it still does occur to this day as well.

Associate
I can't say I notice too much, but then I'm completely inconsistent play style and sometimes I die a lot anyway. Sometimes I get a really bad run at it but I just put it down to generic b#ll###t rather than anything specific.
I can't say it has ever ruined the game for me but probably because I'm not playing at the same level.

Man of Honour
Something that still makes no sense to me as well - I get almost perfect results when using the G18 (yes it has high rate of fire) but even with silencer on the bullets are registering very quickly like I'd expect - more timely at the same range that assault rifles even :( but obviously it is very range restricted so limited use. Something very whacky is going on somewhere.

Hence my stats with the G18 are somewhat abnormal in comparison to other weapons :(

V F

V F

Soldato
Something that still makes no sense to me as well - I get almost perfect results when using the G18 (yes it has high rate of fire) but even with silencer on the bullets are registering very quickly like I'd expect - more timely at the same range that assault rifles even :( but obviously it is very range restricted so limited use. Something very whacky is going on somewhere.

Hence my stats with the G18 are somewhat abnormal in comparison to other weapons :(

It's been so long since I can remember the weapons in Battlefield. I see there is a Famas and F2000. Love those guns in The Division. I'd need to get a bigger ssd to install Battlefield 4.

I don't recognise the sniper rifle names.

Associate
Are people still playing this now, or is it all just Metro servers?

I haven't touched a BF since before Xmas and have either a 60GB Japan theatre update for BFV to download, or I could reinstall BF4. Each will take a couple of days at my 3rd world back-country-speed connection...

The news that BF6 is modern-day setting has me wanting to try BF4 again.

Man of Honour
There are still a fair few players - several 64 player servers including mixed modes/maps, Lockers and Metro are active ~20 hours of the day.

Associate
There are still a fair few players - several 64 player servers including mixed modes/maps, Lockers and Metro are active ~20 hours of the day.

Cheers, had a quick look on battlelog (forgot you could do that) and it seems OK.

The game is not as big as I remember download-wise, only about 60GB with all expansions. I was thinking it could be 120GB+ like recent titles (RDR2, TD2 or BFV)

Man of Honour
Started playing again, no doubt about it - against BF1 and BFV this is the better game. Just a lot more satisfying. The vaulting is terrible though, ha

Yeah I find it frustrating they never went back and fixed those things that were so half-arsed on release - it would be so much better game if they had. I remember at one point there was a approx. 1 in 12 chance vaulting would result in you suddenly zooming into a wall and dying as well hah fortunately that got fixed (mostly) - people can still exploit a variation of that bug to vault medic packs for the so called vault-zouzou move which makes them pretty much un-hittable for a short time.

Underboss
Rroff man, seriously...

source.gif

It's been nearly 7 years.

Associate
Downloaded this again to have a quick blast and j can't get it to launch, comes up with some DX error. Think it's to do with when the screen resizes from taskbar to full and it just crashes. Would post the error message but I'm at work, will pop it on tomorrow if I remember.

Man of Honour
Rroff man, seriously...

source.gif

It's been nearly 7 years.

There isn't really any game to replace the gameplay experience though - most are either very arcadey with far simpler mechanics, far too hardcore sim approach to be fun - at least for my tastes, or even buggier than BF4 (mostly because they are the work of 2-3 people in their spare time who are trying to punch above their weight). Otherwise I'd play something else.

Just because some years haven't past doesn't excuse it.

It is extremely frustrating when you go from punching out like 2-3:1KDR with acc. well in the 20s when things are working as they should (which isn't a lot of the time - but I get the odd few minutes or even a whole round here or there) to struggling to make 1:1 KDR without any change in the level of skill, etc. you or the opponents are bringing to the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it just me, Or is Anti Air launchers bloody useless in BF4 now?. If the enemy player have the Anti Missile flares on their Jet/Chooper (which most do)by the time you've reloaded animation, locked on and shot again their flares are at the ready again making it extremely hard to actually take one down?

What am i doing wrong guys,ive recently started playing BF4 again after a loooong break and cant remember the anti air launchers been this useless.

Man of Honour
A well setup chopper pilot will be dipping in and out of the combat on their countermeasure reloads and be difficult to take down solo unless you can one shot them with vehicle ordinance. If the team works together for even half a second though they are toast but getting that happening...

With a bit of practise the TOW on the IFVs takes them out pretty decently.

Soldato
Actually reinstalled this the other day now I have a bit of diskspace, used to have middle click providing some sort of fast/previous-weapon switching but I can't for the life of me figure out how I had it configured :(

I never bothered with AA launchers for the reasons you gave, going up against a decent pilot you won't take them down solo, best to just stick with the SRAW or RPG and freestyle it :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it still active? My friends and I were reminiscing about this game the other day. Last time we tried though it was nothing but locker or metro
Yeah absolutely still loads playing, even this morning at 7am Europe plenty of servers populated, and I've got it set to just show conquest large, so I can only imagine the other game modes will be populated too, especially at weekends :)

A well setup chopper pilot will be dipping in and out of the combat on their countermeasure reloads and be difficult to take down solo unless you can one shot them with vehicle ordinance. If the team works together for even half a second though they are toast but getting that happening...

With a bit of practise the TOW on the IFVs takes them out pretty decently.

Yeah sadly getting someone to actually help u take down a chopper is a rare, in fact I hardly see anyone using anti air these days other than vehicle mounted ones.
I am enjoying the game though cannot wait to see what battlefield 6 brings :)

Back
Top Bottom