• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Well I have to admit Ive been wowed by the 3080. AMD have a couple of weeks now to get some hefty leakage going or I am 80% buying one when they are available.

Looking forward to seeing the AIB's too - may consider options on those but I do like the FE design.

Hope to see some reliable reviews and benchmarks though.

Soldato
lol at the complete 360 in comments, all of a sudden ray tracing ans DLSS is only in a couple of games Raster performance is all that counts whereas last week it was the revolutionary tech

I don't like RT. I do like DLSS. I made no secret of that. Sure, it pulls some lower resolution trickery but the overall image quality is barely different now. Now, not when it launched it was bloody awful.

However that said? once again it is completely relying on support from the game coders. And like anything else that is not totally proprietary that means Nvidia need to push for its usage. So not every game supports it, and there in lies the problem.

I also like how he used the 2080 in that graph with the 3080. Showing one game that is faster on the 3080. The 2080 is slow. Always was and always will be. It barely kept pace with the 1080Ti. He's also, once again, using 4k.

I specifically bought BL3 on Xbox because the PC performance was crap and it was buggy as heck. I wanted to enjoy the game, not fight with it.

Back
Top Bottom