LibreOffice Calc

Associate
I have started using LibreOffice suite and in particular LibreOffice Calc.

However I've noticed that it takes an age (say about a minute or so) to load a saved file for the first time. However when opening another file without closing the first one it is near instant.

If LibreOffice Calc is closed again then it will again take an age to load a saved file.

It will however open a new blank sheet near instantly. This seems odd or like some sort of setting issue or bug to me. It also does not have the slowness issue with opening LibreOffice Writer files.

I am using LibreOffice 6.4

Anyone familiar with LibreOffice and had this issue or know how to solve it?

Soldato
No issues here. How big are the files your opening?

Also try the new version 7.

There is an option when you install LibreOffice to have it preload at start up. You could try to see if that helps. But I have that turned off and it is fine for me.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. The files are small basically new sheets with just a couple of columns and maybe 20 rows.

I have tried version 7 which made no difference, I have also tried an older version (6.3) which also has the issue.

The computer is also quite new, with a 3600 CPU, 16gb ram and NVME hard drive. So I'm surprised at its slowness to open.

Alternatively are there any other decent free office suites out there that work offline and are installed to computer?

Associate
Since you mentioned that you use it offline, could it be attempting a version check when it starts up which it is struggling to complete? Check around in the settings and see if turning off 'Check for new versions when starting?' if it's there.

Back
Top Bottom