• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Im plannig to use the 3080 as a 1440p card. So hopefully ok with the 10GB

This is my thinking.

One really well optimised game is COD WW2.

I can run that maxed out at 3440x100 (apart from using FXAA, my old eyes are happy with that) and it maintains an easy 60fps locked.

Afterburner shows the highest memory useage as around 7.5GB, cached or fully utilised, who knows.

10GB gives a little more leeway, games might never exceed it in the two or three years I plan to keep it, but nice to have anyways.

Soldato
Anyone going from a Vega 56 or similar performing card to a 3070/3080? My V56 is doing a good job at 1440p but I'm playing slightly older games (Forza 3, the Tomb Raider trilogy), and it might struggle >60/100 FPS with more demanding games. DLSS and a card considerably more powerful than my V56 on a G-SYNC compatible screen sound like a tempting proposition.

Ill be going either 3070 or 3080 from V64. Its the first time ive felt the cost to do so is worth it.

Likewise. Vega56 to a 3080 I suspect. Would like to be able to fully utilise my LG 27GL850 so something that pushes everything at high detail at above 140fps.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
This is my thinking.

One really well optimised game is COD WW2.

I can run that maxed out at 3440x100 (apart from using FXAA, my old eyes are happy with that) and it maintains an easy 60fps locked.

Afterburner shows the highest memory useage as around 7.5GB, cached or fully utilised, who knows.

10GB gives a little more leeway, games might never exceed it in the two or three years I plan to keep it, but nice to have anyways.

I want to see AMD equivalent first before I pull the trigger.

Soldato
Anyone going from a Vega 56 or similar performing card to a 3070/3080? My V56 is doing a good job at 1440p but I'm playing slightly older games (Forza 3, the Tomb Raider trilogy), and it might struggle >60/100 FPS with more demanding games. DLSS and a card considerably more powerful than my V56 on a G-SYNC compatible screen sound like a tempting proposition.
Yup. Already sold my V64 & been suffering without it for about 2 months now. I was actually happy with the performance overall but lacking DX12_2 annoyed me greatly & I want to start using CUDA programs. If you stay at 1440p imo you don't need more than 3070.

What actually happens when VRAM is full up, wont the extra speed actually negate any issues with "only" 10GB VRAM?
The extra speed can help - slightly. It's a question of how much extra vram do you really need. If you run out of it then what happens is the GPU will start juggling more memory around and will request more through RAM & storage. In practice this means either slight stutters, or major stutters, or down-right freezing - depending on game & amount required.
Worst case scenario (look at HBCC off):

will we start seeing reviews now or do they only appear once the cards are on sale?
Reviews are probably going to launch when the cards launch, or a day before.

Soldato
Not my problem you don't know how to use the search feature.

Ohg and more strawman from you, when did I ever say "I knew how there are the same amount of SM only two CUDA cores per SM"? You talk about twisting words and do it yourself. Funny man. Can't stand losing, resorts to strawmaning and using tactics he hates. Lol

It's not my problem you can not find your own posts to back up what you are saying.

Not sure what I am supposed to have lost, BTW. Please be sure to point it out without twisting what Jen or I said and I am all ears.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
RTX IO/Direct ML will come to the fore sooner rather than later. It's requirement is inverse to what happened with RTX Ray Tracing.

All next gen consoles are using RTX IO equivalencies- therefore all those games are built with that in mind so they will naturally do the same on PC

contrary to popular belief the whole presentation today wasn't targeted at AMD on PC, it was a big FU to the PlayStation 5 AMd Xbox Series X by saying we can do everything you can do and we'll do it faster for the same price

I have yet to read up about it properly. Wondering if it is the same as AMD's HBCC or something better?

Based on what I read I may end up either either a 3080 or 3070S/Ti that has 16GB.

Wonder if Cyberpunk will make use of it on launch?

@ £650, the 3080 looks a little too expensive for my liking. Damn that performance looks good though on DF.
Lol. That cracked me up Gregster. Did you not pay double that around 2 years ago for a much inferior GPU? :p:D

That said funnily enough I do kind of agree with you, it should have been kept under £600.

Says the guy that bought a 2080ti :p
Haha :D

I am in awe of the size of this lad! :eek:
I have had that comment made about me a few times from girls. The funny thing is I am not even that tall?

You finally upgrading that 980 SLI setup?

What you going for?

That's a pity mate, there's a good buzz about this launch.

Hope things pick up for you... and your 2080ti is no slouch. :)

I would not be feeling so sorry for him, likely before the year is out he will be rocking a 4 figure Ampere GPU.

It's not my problem you can not find your own posts to back up what you are saying.

Not sure what I am supposed to have lost, BTW. Please be sure to point it out without twisting what Jen or I said and I am all ears.
Yeah yeah. Keep crying. Thought you was gona stop posting? Lol.

Soldato
Liking the Zotac 3090 Trinity same price as founders and 5 year warranty. Anyone know what Zotac coolers are usually like?

Normally skip a gen then go TI to TI. So 1080TI atm, Would rather a 3080ti with more ram but waiting for that to come which could be 6 months or getting a 3080 then selling and buying the TI when released. Thinking I might just go for 3090 and save the hassle of selling stuff etc.

I did look at the zotac 3090.
But there Boost clock is slightly down, but not much.

I will go to NV shop.
Then if things do go pear shaped, then it's only Me to NV...NV to me.
No messing about send it back to another company.

Back
Top Bottom